View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #40
abcsoup
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M60i, X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M40iG01 View Post
definitely not wheel balancing, alignment, different size rims / tires etc. They tried 3 sets of different rims on my x3 as well as road force balancing all of my 21" rims. After the replacement of both front output drive shafts they tried a set of rims off a brand new x3 and no change. since then there hasn't been much update. The factory engineers know there is problem... I wonder how many of them actually have a issue. Vibration is only transmitted when the engine is under any kind of slight loading. When coasting it is not felt. Hopefully others with this issue join the forum.
Thanks for the updates. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of this. Other than this issue, I've been very happy with my car, so I really want them to figure this out.

I've always felt like it could be from the engine vibration at low RPMs coming through the steering wheel, like the engine mounts aren't able to dampen the M40i engine NVH enough. I've been getting a little buzzing from around the nav screen recently at 3k RPM as well, but who knows.
Appreciate 0