View Single Post
      09-18-2018, 12:16 AM   #22
Sprite531
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3m40i

Greetings !
I am having exactly same issues that you guys have described - took the delivery of X3m40i back in January and vibration has started after passing 8000km sometime in July. Vibration was not stronger than LDW but very evident and intrusive while driving on paved road/hwy. I thought it was a simple fix so waited until due for first oil changes in Aug. Since then, my car is still in dealer maintenance shop over three weeks now. My dealer has confirmed that vibration from steering wheel is abnormal and has started swap out front drive axles, steering bearings and etc. But issue is still not corrected with unknown cause. They told me that dealer is waiting for further guidance from BMW Canada. However it was brought to me as one of ‘driving caracteristics’ of m40i with RFT on 21’ wheels but I was not able to agree on that with him since I have had many expriences from low profile RFTs on many performance cars. Thus pointed that if that is the case, vibration should be gone when tires & wheels are swapped out with 19’ all seasons with more sidewalls. They will perform this particular test and confirm back to me whether issues are still persist or not. I will keep you guys posted with how this pans out.
Appreciate 0