View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 06:40 AM   #8
swestland85
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 + F21

Garage List
All cars produced from march have an updated comfort access system, or the key. The key stops remitting the signal if it's not being moved for a few minutes. I guess this stops the possibility that they can boost your signal when your key is near the front-door. As the key isn't transmitting any signal anymore. You can test it your self, put the key next to your car, see if it will open/close. Leave the key (don't move it) and try again in 5-10 minutes, you will notice it doesn't open anymore as the key isn't transmitting anything. Pick up the key and open the door, now the door will open again.

In Europe there has been a diagnostic code which can the dealer can re-program your car, get you new keys and they pay 70% of the work. Strange I didn't hear about it before but saw it on a german BMW forum.
Quote:
Vehicles produced before 03/2018 can benefit from these FFBs with be retrofitted to the sensor.

settlement:

About the below mentioned diagnostic number can only the spare parts
(Radio remote control or display key) are billed.
BMW takes over 70% of the total costs
(Differences can arise country-specific)
The rest (about 30%), working hours and programming will not be refunded.
The settlement and billing has under the valid warranty conditions the mentioned diagnostic number.

Diagnostic number: 99 99 01 25 00

This diagnostic number is not in the official diagnostic catalog, but in the system created. Thus, a warranty statement is possible.

The cost share for the customer is calculated as follows:

Approximately 30% of the part price per radio remote control / display key
+ Workload Replace key / Lock key
+ Programming / coding of the vehicle
https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/-key...45.html?page=1
Previous cars: E91 330d High Executive, Sapphire Black | F21 120i M Sport, Sapphire Black | F31 320dA Efficient Dynamics Edition, High Executive, Imperialblue, Luxury Line, Style 392 17" | E90 325i Montego blue, saddelbrown leather, V-style 285 17" rims
Appreciate 8
MarkyM381.50
comber328.00
Lux700551.00
ando2002.00
MechX3M40i1006.00