Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.01]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Thanks for the link! I almost always charge at home.

Tesla has a huge advantage with their Supercharger Network.

As battery range increases those numbers will change as people want to go further.

But in the mean time if you do want to travel in your BEV your charger limited as to where you can go.
Point is: I DON'T want to travel in my BEV... Its just not convenient to use for long trips!

Most families (2+ cars) won't HAVE to travel in an EV if they own a mix of vehicles. I would never have ONLY an EV. I would always want to also have a (ICE) vehicle for long trips. So, no, I don't plan on using my BEV for any long trips. Its just not convenient...

You DON'T have to have one OR the other. A family can have BOTH and then choose which one to use based on where they are going. This is a very workable model and I think the one which is largely what we are currently seeing in use.

Tesla has VERY LITTLE advantage in their network if only 19% of EV charging is done outside the home...

Clearly, folks are more comfortable charging at home. As range increases (200+), the importance of a public charging network becomes even further diminished.
I depends on the weather... I am not driving my M-Car in the winter, so I usually rent a car if I cannot charge. I prefer not buying GAS.