Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3t1cal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
Are you guys calling the genius phone number to see that it went into production, or does your garage say that?
Today my garage updated to "Production Begins" and showed the VIN. I called BMW Genius to confirm and they confirmed that it entered production today (7/24).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
Reason I ask, is my garage doesn't show a VIN and it only says scheduled for production, but I just called the genius line and they said it went into production as of 7/12 and it's scheduled to be complete by week 31 (next week), but they can't tell me the VIN yet.
So your 2019 production begin on week 29?! Damn!

My dealer told me nothing would begin till August. I guess due to the ZDA/ZDB fiasco they're pushing everything up.

I really hope everything goes smoothly. I want it now!
I don't have very much faith in the statement the genius made when it comes to "went into production as of 7/12." He probably just meant "has been scheduled for production since 7/12 with a completion time of week 31" or at least that's my guess; otherwise the website should probably be showing me a vin by now. At any rate, I'm excited to start seeing people take delivery of their 2019s! Hopefully everyone revisits and posts some pictures before they start enjoying their new rides and abandon the forum for another 3-6yrs.:

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0