r3t1cal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
Both have the potential to be worth about the same, even on a lease. The ultimate care package adds back wear and tear items (brakes, belts, wipers) to the service warranty and is valued at $600. The tire and wheel warranty protects against flats and curbed wheels. It’s usually close to $1,000 or more when you sign your documents.. but the true cost is usually a lot less. Either one for free would be worth the 5mi walk to work for a week, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3t1cal View Post
Yeah he said they would cover extending my current 328i lease. However I'll probably just turn it in and not have a car for a week. I live in a big city and my weekday driving is to a from work, which is a grand total of 5 miles round trip. Finally give me an excuse to walk to work

The thing I'm really bummed about is that the X3 was going to be here in time for my birthday camping trip. He said there is a chance it could arrive the day before or be ready the morning of the day I would leave on the trip. Hopefully there will be a good update tomorrow!

I'm not to familiar with those packages, would the tire and wheel be useful on a lease?
I've just been informed that BMW will no longer accept orders with ZDB for 2018. So my only option is to either not get it or wait till September for a 2019.

I'm going to just wait for a 2019. My dealer is going to cover the lease extension for my current car and a 2019 means they should hopefully have fixed any first generation issues.