View Single Post
      05-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #11
fxoffroad
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 X3/'18 i3s/'12 X5/'03 Z8

If your wife loves and is accustom to the Audi Infotainment system, a Macan is absolutely a no brainer. (Personally I prefer BMW over anything by VW.) I see so many chicks driving the Macan... which has somehow become the new SUV/SAV/CUV of choice - a place once held by the Lexus RX. (IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyf View Post
The lease is up next month on my wife's Audi A6.
She's wanting to get into a Mid-size SUV........
So far we looked at the Macan (Non-S), X2 & X3, and the Infinity Q50.
For her I was kinda diggin' the Q50 with all the techy creature comforts.
She like the Macan (Cause its a Porsche)
Funny,

Any thoughts?...................

Sorry Hoss, XC60 is a serious #fail #maintenancenightmare #crapshow. I wouldn't wish that POS on anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Check out the XC60 too since, I assume, wife wants functional and nice place to be versus priority on performance.

Whatcha smokin Ric in RVA. Land Rover? Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric in RVA View Post
Land Rover ought to be on the list... If you can put up with BMW then Land Rover will be easy.

I totally agree w/ RCtennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
I'm sorry, but there's nothing "that great" about a non-S model Porsche Macan. It's still using the ubiquitous, and (IMHO from first-hand experience) troublesome 2.0L Volkswagen TFSI engine that's really not a great engine. Now those S models on the other hand....wow!

Tru Dat - Infiniti. WTF is up w/ them? I like the looks of the '19 QX50. Spent a week behind the wheel of 2018 QX50 on the coast of CA last fall, great engine - but the WORST Infotainment system of any. Anyone coming from an Audi or BMW would be in pure hell w/ that shit. (IMO)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
...talking about an Infiniti QX50, not the Q50? The Q50 is the sedan; QX50 is the distinctly-styled CUV they just released with a great engine, wonky CVT transmission, and 2008-era Nissan/Infiniti navigation graphics.

You sir, are wise beyond your years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
Land Rover? Haha he wants a car that he can drive and not be at the dealer getting fixed every week.
Appreciate 0