Thread: UK Deliveries
View Single Post
      12-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #49
UKBazzer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 30d MSport

Car Eye

Menno86 - just to let you know that I took my X3 back to the dealer today for them to finish the car eye installation. In total they must have had it for about 16 hours ! but obviously I really don't know how long they were actually working on the fitting.
Apparently they had major problems as the wiring loom / conduit info they had from BMW for the G01 was considerably different to real life.
They certainly would have learnt from experience for the next G01 Car Eye installation.
I was a little concerned about the camera as a few people had commented on its size - but it's smaller than I expected, looks good (front and rear), has been excellently installed and looks like it belongs on the car, rather than being a retrofit.
Best thing, of course, (ignoring the price) is that it's dealer installed and therefore won't affect the warranty.
Good luck if you do fit one yourself - I wouldn't fancy finding my way from the rear to the front - and I didn't like the front only camera that I fit into my F25 as I had it plugged into the cigarette lighter - therefore wires showing.
Merry Christmas to one and all - hope you enjoy your G01s in the New Year - I know I will.
Regards..............
Appreciate 1
JustChris17605.50