View Single Post
      11-22-2017, 03:58 AM   #388
P1Fanatic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 30d M-Sport Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Aren't you able to do it via the Connected Drive in your car in the US?

In the UK we setup a Connected Drive account and specify a Credit Card for payment of various services after the 3 year warranty period has expired.

Once in the account we purchase certain services such as maps. For the latest map, we would then pay the £65 and be given a code and the appropriate link to down load it to a computer. We would then copy it to a USB stick . Once in the car, we put the USB into the slot and the iDrive recognises it and asks for the FSC code. After this no time is lost as it is updated whilst driving. If you stop and switch off the ignition, it starts from where it left off. Note. I have not used this procedure for map updates (I use my own system), but was advised that this is the way by BMW UK. The code and the map updates are valid for 2 years.
I’ve just got around to doing this. Need to download the update file tonight but looks like its 2017. Does the activation code I got sent work just for this map or is valid for the next 2 years? Also any way to get notified when a new update gets released?
Appreciate 0