View Single Post
      10-29-2017, 10:55 AM   #99
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
When you describe the text message dictation feature - are you talking about a feature that is built into iDrive or are you talking about an Apple Car Play feature.

In my current 2015 35i, I am able to listen, reply, and dictate but the voice does not ask me if I want to reply (have to click on something), and in order to use the dictation feature, I have to subscribe to a service (Dragon Messaging) in my iDrive. So, it sounds very different and I would love to stop paying $30 a year just so I can dictate my text messages. However, even though I have an iPhone, that is my secondary phone - and I send and receive texts primarily through my Android phone, which is why I'm asking if what you're describing is through Apple Car Play since my Android phone wouldn't work with that.
My wife said that is an Apple Car Play feature (she knows more about that stuff than I).

And regarding your question on the steering wheel telecopic ability on that thread, here are a few pictures - it is manual. Vertical movement is about 1-1/4" and horizontal (out-in) is about 2-1/2". As it is manual it will not be part of the settings for key 1 or key 2 (my wife pointed that out).
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
JSY578.00
ando2006.00
alt2118.00