View Single Post
      06-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #190
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
Lux, You and many others, such as myself, feel the same way. Most people over time accept what's given to them without thinking for themselves and realizing that they're given less of a product from what made them become the best of the best. ...
Perhaps it is time for us to step back a moment and take a deep breath. Passion about our vehicles is a great thing but it seems at times, especially on forums for some reason (not being face-to-face and being able to read others' expressions maybe?), gentle discourse and debate can become off-centered.

I do not wish to preach, but with that said, I must respectfully disagree with your assessment as to why some keep purchasing the X3, or a BMW in general. Trust when I say that I am not a blind loyalist when I make a vehicle purchase. It is one that is thoughtfully assessed. And I do have a few years on you (which honestly shouldn't even enter into the equation if valid points are made). And I have owned a host of BMWs and other major Mnfrs' offerings as well.

This X3 fits our family perfectly. Size, performance, cargo-load (which keeps getting skewed in the discussions - why does the Macan keep showing up in this cargo class, regardless of how well it performs it will never be on our radar screen as it can't carry what we need it to carry?), and cabin experience (with the discrepancies of past generations now being rectified).

So regardless of what the automotive industry perceives (rightly or wrongly) as a mis-guided direction from BMW Corporate, please understand they are making vehicles which some of us do like, wish to voluntarily purchase with full knowledge of other brands' offerings, and may actually know what they are doing is best for their families.

Apologies in advance for the length of this post, and best wishes in everyone's choices for a vehicle which fits their requirements moving forward.
Appreciate 4
kozzi927.00
mcc3456332.00
scottomfg286.50