02-18-2017, 11:45 PM   #22
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
I coded the variable lighting and anti-dazzle on my LED headlights, as both are decoded here in Canada.

I noticed that if I have my fog lights on, then the auto mode simply enables or disables the high beams as it does with anti-dazzle decoded . However, with the fog lights off, then the "anti-dazzle" mode does work and does the whole variable euro style headlights. The problem isn't so much that oncoming cars flash me, which they do on occasion, but as I habitually drive faster than most cars on the road, mostly in the left lane, so I'm constantly passing cars in the right lanes.

The problem I've noticed is that approaching a car from behind, about 150 feet back the anti-dazzle swithces back to low beams, but as this happens the right headlight moves from the right > back to the center position in about half a second during which it sweeps the car I'm approaching in what seems like a high beam wave. Needless to say, almost every other car than flashes its high beams on in anger as I pass by them, essentially a middle finger salute.. and I can't say I blame them

Is this normal for all anti-dazzle coded LED cars? Or does this sound like the "bad F30 style" coding some have mentioned is often mistakenly coded into F15/F25 cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke I View Post
I've had coding done to my car. In the auto high beam mode when a car approaches the left headlight adjusts downward and in somewhat and I notice that my high beam indicator remains on in the dash. In this mode, I do get approaching cars flashing from time to time, enough that I manually adjust to low beam even when I'm in the auto mode.

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0