View Single Post
      12-29-2016, 10:09 AM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agni View Post
Agreed, but focusing two cars ahead is easier said than done in real life.
I personally have no problem with that, I was taught to do that during driving school so I dont know anything else. I immediately notice that when I'm driving behind a van or SUV with tinted windows so that you cant see the car in front, which gives me a far bigger insecure feeling. I imagine the tesla would have the same imparities in that situation. In the situation of this video you can see the cars in front through the windscreen, thats how I could see that the cars in front were already braking for over 2 seconds. From inside the car with your own eyes it would be even more apparant because the camera angle is a fish eye so everything looks really far away.

Quote:
Also, the version in your video is the older system, not the new upgraded one.
So tesla guarantees that these crashes wont occur again? I dont think they guarantee anything. And that is the danger of this system. If you give people these tools, they start to rely on them. Tesla tries to cover their ass by saying you have to pay equal attention as when normal driving, but that is not the reason why people buy/use these gadgets.
Also you only get notified on situations the car does see, but not on situations the car doesnt see. And that makes it a really dangerous gadget, because you dont know when to intervene and when not to.

And those are the reasons these types of accidents occur. A normal driver would have easily been able to avoid such a crash is a huge van at these speeds.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0