View Single Post
      12-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #66
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1spirit View Post
It ended up working out fine and still had a great time...

In regards to finding an appropriate slot, this was the most advanced open passing group where the cars are mostly race prepped so the drivers are all pretty experienced and quick. Fortunately, newbies are not permitted in this group nor are they even allowed to drive on this particular track. (The prerequisite at Sonoma Raceway is to have at least intermediate level experience at other tracks to be able to run.)

I should say this track tends to slow down even experienced drivers who may be pretty fast on other tracks. Many track guys I know don't even visit this track because they are terrified of it. (I tell them to go to Nurburgring lol)

I call this track The Great Equalizer! Power is less rewarded on this track than most others, which is one major reason I love this track
Oh..this is Sonoma..didn't even recognize it or notice you are in the Silicon Valley. I grew up in Sonoma and now live in San Mateo.