View Single Post
      08-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #11
Howie Dub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna View Post
Interesting. I do have the bass turned up (about 85%), and I have the EQ picked up at both ends (typical Rock profile setup). So I'm left wondering if there's any true way to test the subs out to see if they are actually working. My sound system seems shallow as compared with my previous HK system in my M4.
I have 100hz all the way up and 200hz almost all the way up. Sucks that they have the bass frequency centered so high. Would be nice if it was lower. The song that hits for me are "Ain't no future in your frontin'" by MC Breed. If you're not getting any resonation from that song, then maybe something might be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Don't forget design and size of car and speaker placement will alter this compared to your M4 coupe.
Very true. My wife's old 2001 325i had a HK system in it and it hit much better than my old 2005 X5 "premium" sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna View Post
I think one of the key differences is that the HK sound system came FREE with my X3, yet it was a $795 upgrade for my M4 (and all previous BMW's I've owned). I'm thinking that BMW went to the HK engineers and said "look, design us the cheapest HK branded sound system you can for the X3 xDrive35i, because every penny is coming out of our bottom line here".
HK was standard on the 2016 as well, so unless they changed the quality of the system for 2017, it should be the same as mine.
Appreciate 0