08-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #96
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive Shadow Edition

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Well, I've just taken the plunge and ordered an X3 to replace my current X1 23d MSport.

I've loved every mile in the X1 over the last three years and now have to wait till March 2015 to get the new one.

Hope I've made the right choice

A 3 series x drive touring would probably suit but when you look at the prices of them in comparison to the X3, and then the residual values it's a bit of a no brainer to go for the X3

So the bit you are all waiting for ... the spec I've gone for Xline 20d auto (my first and the driver in me says get a manual but I have been persuaded to go for the auto ... is this the right choice ? )

Xenon's, sport seats, privacy glass, extended storage, luggage net, folding dimming mirrors, metallic and mocha interior.

Now the colour .... ordered as silver but have an inkling for either the Red or sparkling brown .... go on give me your opinions ?

If I went for Red I'd probably change to black interior or Brown ... maybe beige ? or oyster ?

Is Sparkling brown and Mocha too much like a Bourbon biscuit ?

I have left the nav as the standard business set up. I currently have pro nav in the X1 but to be honest rarely use the nav, (call me a dinosaur but I kinda like looking at a map and planning a route) and never once used the online thingy's in the last three years. I suppose the RTTI would be useful for my commute but I find that my free WAZE on the Iphone is quicker at telling me of problems. I think the business nav has been upgraded so it wont be much different from my 3 yr old prov nav apart from a slightly smaller screen, which seems to be better integrated into the dash than in the pre LCI model

so there you go ... only ... don't want to think how many sleeps

Andy
Spot on.

Almost identical spec to mine. Only difference is the glass and storage. The (UK) standard Nav is fine, the screen is superb and I don't feel I'm missing much (the vertical silver trims make up the space. You *won't* get the flashy dash with all the mini tft screens - just a normal analogue mpg dial and the normal info screen between the tacho and speedo. The flashy dash comes as part of the Professional Package upgrade. Not immediately clear from the limited info on the BMW website.

I've got an old iPod nano and that integrates seamlessly via just the USB port; album covers appear on the screen etc. Brilliant.

The Mocha interior is sublime. I hooked it up with Dark Copper trim and Deep Sea Blue met. paint. Looks great, especially with the Xenon lights, which have the slight bluey tint. Daytime running lights great also. The best bit though is the engine - it's a masterpiece. Makes my 08 118d sound like a tractor; it's so smooth and quiet it's uncanny. Not properly opened it up yet, still breaking it in. Gearbox also excellent. I'm used to a DSG semi-auto so was very pleasantly suprised that the shifts in manual mode are quick (not DSG-quick but no significant delay either).
Appreciate 0