07-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishmovva View Post
SA called to say replacement MAF arrived and it didn't fix the problem, but now they found a large hole in the air flow tube the MAF sits in which is letting unmetered air. That part however is backordered until end of August from Germany. So a loaner 2013 X3 3.5 for me till then... I will update this post when I get the car back on what was actually fixed.
Got my car back! The part that broke was the Charge Air Induction Tract P/N 13-71-7-604-033. The part is labelled #18 in the attached image. The part is back ordered worldwide but I lucked out as a customer abandoned their 4 month old order in Oklahoma and I was able to get it. BTW, thanks to the kind gentleman from World Impex (http://www.worldimpex.com/) who I had called to try and track this part and he found it at Jackie Cooper in Oklahoma by searching the computerized inventory systems and giving me a contact name there to try and sweet-talk into letting me purchase it. I bought the part with my own money so the dealer and BMW are figuring out how to reimburse me; part cost less than $300 shipped.

I was also able to find inventory in Denmark and Czech Republic (both at the SCHMIEDMANN offices) but none elsewhere in Europe or middle east. They ship to the US at reasonable cost so maybe a good venue in the future to source parts direct from Europe.

Any case dealer replaced the part in less than an hour and car is good as new! Apparently unmetered air entering the engine causes all kinds of other faults in the car including power train errors as the ECU tries to compensate and make sense of what is happening. So all is well that ends well!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0