hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick berry View Post
Still looks like a winner. Steering feel is subjective and varies widely in the
tests listed in Jasons list.
no. steering feel is not "subjective" by any means. steering feel has nothing to do with magazine editors' "opinions". its a fact, much like 1/4 mile times, brake distances, and road grip. steering feel is the reason the M3 (and all BMW's for that matter) have dominated the luxury sport segment. and it's also the reason why infiniti and lexus and MB have all had to play second fiddle to BMW for years.

go drive an e30 and even an e46 feels numb. in turn, an e90 feels numb compared to an e46. the new m3 is no longer a dedicated track machine believe it or not. you have to configure the computer and memorize all these buttons to be able to get the best performance out of it. whereas any old M3 had none of these crazy electronic settings and drove great right out of the box. the same way for everyone.

screw these huge ass V8s and V10's. the N54 is amazing and even better would be a turbocharged inline 4 that weighs 2000lbs, much like the 2002ti. or maybe even a hatchback 135i. oh wait, they don't want to make either of those because all Americans want are 8000lb 500hp pigs loaded with useless technology and chinky headlights to show off to their faggy yuppie friends. thanks, you can have your crap, i'll stick with my balls to the walls e30 without A/C.

the 3 series has grown in every year and this is no exception. however, this time, it seems that this car has crossed the line with the wheelbase and weight. its no longer marketed to the sport enthusiast. the god damn car is HUGE. who needs a V8? the old engine was basically perfect. like the article said, now the M3 is just another refined GT. the e30, e36, and e46 m3's will go down in history as the best M3's ever built. current demand for technology has diluted the brand, sorry to say.

and PS the only thing really subjective about cars is looks / interior.
Appreciate 0