United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 F25 28i SB

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2012 BMW X3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
2). At the same time can I connect the phone via USB to play songs on the phone, get the song list displayed on the car display and listen to them through the car speakers?

No not through USB. You can play songs on the phone via bluetooth as well. However, at least for my phone - it does not show the song list on the display nor can I browse. I can only go one track forward or backward. I think it depends on what your phone supports over bluetooth. I think you can only play music via USB with the iPhone.
JSY is correct, as the iPhone does support the necessary AVRCP profile version since iOS 4.1 (details here).

Android-based phones are still using an older bluetooth implementation that doesn't support the right version of AVRCP (I believe 1.3 or 1.4 is required for track info). Last rumor I found said that Google should resolve this in v4.0.3, but that's just conjecture. If you're running 2.2.x or 2.3.x, you're stuck with the simple forward/back controls that JSY mentioned.

I decided music over bluetooth wasn't important enough to switch to an iPhone, so I purchased a super-mini USB drive that has all my music on it, permanently connected to the USB port. Helps with the battery life too, when I forget to plug in the phone at least.

If you want the uber-technical explanation, it's been discussed before (hopefully, its not one of Lotus7 deleted posts).
Appreciate 0