BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Colour choices

Yesterday, 05:21 AM   #1
clivem2
Captain

Drives: F25 3.0D MSport

Colour choices

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I'm close to ordering a 35D to replace my Black/Oyster 30D. I like my current combination but want to change the colours so I feel I have a different car. I very much like Mocha for the interior I need to find the colours for the exterior. The 35D is only availble as an MSPort for I'm restricted for colours. I feel my choices are White, Space Grey or Glacier Silver.

I like white but in the MSport there's little black trim to take away the "shoutyness" of the white....bear in mind the north of England is not blessed with a lot of sun so white shouts out "I'm here". It's more balanced in a sunny climate. My gut feel is the Glacier Silver is the best match for Mocha other than White but I've not seen a Glacier Silver X3 and barely any in Titanium either. Space Grey whilst maybe not as a good a match for Mocha should still be ok.

This is of course a personal choice but I'm finding it tough as I've not even seen an LCI Msport and from the photos I prefer the xline but I must have the 35D engine so I have no choice, it's an MSport.

Sept 2011
      Yesterday, 05:36 AM   #2
gobiman
Registered

Drives: Currently old 4.8iS X5

I'm in the same boat.
Want a deep sea blue 35D - in short I can't.
Actually prefer the X-Line trim + front bumper.
I will wait until either dsb becomes available for M-Sport or 35D comes with X-Line ( as it does in other markets inc Germany).
      Yesterday, 10:12 AM   #3
YellowMellow
Private First Class

Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT

Please, anything but AW
I see more white X3/X5 than any color in the color palette.
I saw an M-packaged in silver/gray w/factory spec 19" wheels on an X3 in S.CA that looked awesome.
Any shade of blue would look great too.
      Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #4
DDS2015
Major

Drives: 2011 E90 LCI 328i xdrive

Garage List
I actually really like glacier silver. I think it has a lot of depth and can be paired with any interior. It kind of reminds me of silverstone because in certain light I see a hint of blue in it.
DDS2015 is offline   Canada