BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3 and X4 Forums | F25 (2011 - 2017) | F26 (2014 - Current) Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum Love X3 security system- Saved my interiors

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
neelkc12
Private
neelkc12's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: x3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Smile Love X3 security system- Saved my interiors

Yesterday was suddenly hot and smugy around Boston . Came back from work and kept sun roof open just about an inch to let the heat escape and "parked it outside". Totally forgot about it.. until my wife kicked me out of bed around 4 today morning - My x3 was screaming out for help. Looked outside the window..nothing obvious .. locked/unlocked with remote thinking "whatever". Alarm went on again . Had to step outside .. just a slight drizzle . Get into the car ..seats just about wet and then I remembered .. yikes. The internal motion sensor caught the intrusion of mother nature . Great .. I love my X3
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
dudley07726
Private
2
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 2012 X3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 Mercedes Benz ...  [0.00]
2012 X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkc12 View Post
Yesterday was suddenly hot and smugy around Boston . Came back from work and kept sun roof open just about an inch to let the heat escape and "parked it outside". Totally forgot about it.. until my wife kicked me out of bed around 4 today morning - My x3 was screaming out for help. Looked outside the window..nothing obvious .. locked/unlocked with remote thinking "whatever". Alarm went on again . Had to step outside .. just a slight drizzle . Get into the car ..seats just about wet and then I remembered .. yikes. The internal motion sensor caught the intrusion of mother nature . Great .. I love my X3
There's an internal motion sensor? Where have you read this?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
colson79
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
220
Posts

Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wisconsin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
There's an internal motion sensor? Where have you read this?
It's in the manual,(page 42 in mine) I forgot to disable it once when My dog was in the car. Dog started moving around and set it off.
__________________
2012 X3 35i | Deep Sea Blue | Oyster |
Packages | Sports | Cold Weather | Cold Weather 2 | Premium | Technology | Premium Sound
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
The X Men
Colonel
69
Rep
2,323
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colson79 View Post
It's in the manual,(page 42 in mine) I forgot to disable it once when My dog was in the car. Dog started moving around and set it off.
I think you already know what the next question will be
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
pokerface
Colonel
pokerface's Avatar
Canada
127
Rep
2,027
Posts

Drives: F25 X3 N20
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

There is also a tilt sensor on this
__________________
F25 X3 N20:

2013 F25 X3 x28 N20 tunerwerks
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
3Bimmer
Private First Class
3Bimmer's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I think you already know what the next question will be
Before it gets asked.... Lock the car and then press the lock button on the remote again. The clown nose on the rear view mirror will glow steady for a moment or two, indicating the motion sensor is disabled.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
richard in NC
Major
United_States
65
Rep
1,458
Posts

Drives: 2009 Z4 35i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

You can test by locking the car with windows open. Reach in to set it off.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #8
B3NN37
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: '11 X1 Sdrive 18i / '07 116i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Auckland NZ

iTrader: (0)

sorry i had to revive this thread. i dont want to create another thread just for this ask. i recently bought a '11 X1 and there are two red "clown nose" which they call it, one is under the rear view mirror and one is attached under the rain sensor module cover. I read about the motion sensor in this thread which leads to my question, is the red clown nose under the rain sensor module cover the motion sensor? I attached a pix, hope it shows.[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: pdf motion sensor.pdf (6.75 MB, 28 views)

Last edited by B3NN37; 10-24-2017 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Upload file
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #9
Barbera335
Lieutenant
64
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: F25
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NN37 View Post
sorry i had to revive this thread. i dont want to create another thread just for this ask. i recently bought a '11 X1 and there are two red "clown nose" which they call it, one is under the rear view mirror and one is attached under the rain sensor module cover. I read about the motion sensor in this thread which leads to my question, is the red clown nose under the rain sensor module cover the motion sensor? I attached a pix, hope it shows.[IMG][/IMG]
The one on the rain sensor cover is aftermarket and was not installed by BMW. No idea what it is for, maybe an aftermarket alarm?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #10
B3NN37
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: '11 X1 Sdrive 18i / '07 116i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Auckland NZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NN37 View Post
sorry i had to revive this thread. i dont want to create another thread just for this ask. i recently bought a '11 X1 and there are two red "clown nose" which they call it, one is under the rear view mirror and one is attached under the rain sensor module cover. I read about the motion sensor in this thread which leads to my question, is the red clown nose under the rain sensor module cover the motion sensor? I attached a pix, hope it shows.[IMG][/IMG]
The one on the rain sensor cover is aftermarket and was not installed by BMW. No idea what it is for, maybe an aftermarket alarm?
Thanks! That's what I thought too I've been searching everywhere in the web and downloaded e-copy of owners manual and I cant find any reference for it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST