BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » New MY14 X335dM Ordered.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Cool New MY14 X335dM Ordered.

Hello All,

I would have said hello earlier, but you can't start a new thread unless you have been given permission it seems...

I've just ordered a new X3 35d M Sport in Alpine White with the Red/Brown nevada leather and 19" wheels. It's fully loaded with the exception of the tow bar, DVD changer, TV, cargo net and also the rear heated seats (I wanted these, but not compatible with another option.) From the stats I have seen on this forum, it seems that a 35d of this spec will be relatively rare!

I'm changing in my F11 MY11 530d Touring for this - the touring wasn't the car tha I had hoped it would be and I wasn't too happy with the handling.

I know that I will be taking a step backwards in terms of build quality (having driven an X3 and a 5 series, the difference in quality of the interior fit & finish is noticable) but I wanted the AWD and higher ride height. X5 and X6 just a bit too thirsty...

I'm really interested in how the VDC system affects the handling of the car... I took a leap of faith and ordered it without trying one. I'm sure it will be good, especially with some of the poor road surfaces around here in the UK.

I've been given a build date of April - with delivery towards the end of May.

The chap I ordered from noted that there are some minor changes in the nav packages post April 1st, but that all he knew was that the professional nav package had changed to read as follows:


ZNP Media package - BMW Professional
609 Navigation-system Professional
6AC BMW Emergency call
6AE BMW TeleServices
6AK BMW Online Services
6AM Real Time Traffic Information
6AN Information Plus
6AP Remote Services
6NR BMW Apps interface

Does anyone know for sure what the changes from April 1st will bring? Or is it just a change in the ordering system to update the names of the packages?

Thanks - and look forward to being a part of the X3 forums.
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Jay Ell
Private
Jay Ell's Avatar
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Hello All,

I would have said hello earlier, but you can't start a new thread unless you have been given permission it seems...

I've just ordered a new X3 35d M Sport in Alpine White with the Red/Brown nevada leather and 19" wheels. It's fully loaded with the exception of the tow bar, DVD changer, TV, cargo net and also the rear heated seats (I wanted these, but not compatible with another option.) From the stats I have seen on this forum, it seems that a 35d of this spec will be relatively rare!

I'm changing in my F11 MY11 530d Touring for this - the touring wasn't the car tha I had hoped it would be and I wasn't too happy with the handling.

I know that I will be taking a step backwards in terms of build quality (having driven an X3 and a 5 series, the difference in quality of the interior fit & finish is noticable) but I wanted the AWD and higher ride height. X5 and X6 just a bit too thirsty...

I'm really interested in how the VDC system affects the handling of the car... I took a leap of faith and ordered it without trying one. I'm sure it will be good, especially with some of the poor road surfaces around here in the UK.

I've been given a build date of April - with delivery towards the end of May.

The chap I ordered from noted that there are some minor changes in the nav packages post April 1st, but that all he knew was that the professional nav package had changed to read as follows:


ZNP Media package - BMW Professional
609 Navigation-system Professional
6AC BMW Emergency call
6AE BMW TeleServices
6AK BMW Online Services
6AM Real Time Traffic Information
6AN Information Plus
6AP Remote Services
6NR BMW Apps interface

Does anyone know for sure what the changes from April 1st will bring? Or is it just a change in the ordering system to update the names of the packages?

Thanks - and look forward to being a part of the X3 forums.

hi, and welcome to the forums .. I'm also relatively new here.
I'm in the same boat as you. Placed an order for a X3 30d MSport that has an April build, end May/start June delivery (killing me).
I had a lot of issue surrounding the whole April nav update etc, as my first attempt to order the car meant the build was one week too early (i.e. it didn't get the new Nav options). I ended up cancelling the order and placing it again to include the update.

The Pro Media actually went down in price from 2,515 to 1,990.
BUT .. it's not all money saving as they stripped out the Enhanced Bluetooth, and to add it back in costs 350 .. so there IS a saving, just not as big as it initially looks (@ 175). There is also meant to be a new USB port in conjunction with the new Pro Media (possibly all levels of this option, I don't know), that allows the system to be upgraded easier. Unsure about this.

My dealer told me it the reason for the change is to introduce a 3rd tier to the Nav/Media option list.
Base/Business/Pro would now be the choices.

All I know about it ..

All the best with your new car, when it arrives
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the info matey, interesting... I've just checked my contract and like you say I have the 1990 Nav option and the 350 Enhanced Bluetooth option both selected, so it looks like I got the saving.

Does anyone know if the actual system will be any different to my 2011 530d M Sport which also has professional Nav - are there any hardware/software changes to the iDrive? From what I have read, there wont be any differences to the physical shape of the vehicle or the interior.

When did you order yours? I've been given an estimated delivery date of May 25th having ordered on the 7th March. The majority of that time frame I assume will be the boat trip across the pond to the port in Yorkshire...
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
BeeMdblU
Second Lieutenant
BeeMdblU's Avatar
4
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328 XDS, CLK55, F25 35
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the car and in term of nav, there's a new version for it and the idrive staring with your build
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
UKMS
Private First Class
UKMS's Avatar
5
Rep
170
Posts

 
Drives: F25 20d SE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Does anyone know for sure what the changes from April 1st will bring? Or is it just a change in the ordering system to update the names of the packages?
I've been trying to find the BMW info release, from my very bad memory the software is changing, upgraded hard drive and processor as well as the config of the package that you have already listed making it simpler to order.

Strange I'm also just changing from an F11 520d to an X3, finally ordered today !!

Hope that helps

MS
__________________
(F25 20d SE, Auto, Space Grey, Black Nevada Leather, Sports Seats, Brushed Alu Trim, xLine, VDC, Pro Media, Vis Pack, Cold Pack, Pan Roof, Sun Protect Glass, Elec Seats, Top View Camera, HUD- Full Black Panel)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #6
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukstevens View Post
I've been trying to find the BMW info release, from my very bad memory the software is changing, upgraded hard drive and processor as well as the config of the package that you have already listed making it simpler to order.

Strange I'm also just changing from an F11 520d to an X3, finally ordered today !!

Hope that helps

MS
Ha - Have just seen your post and replied before seeing this... Cheers for the reply.

Thanks for the info, interesting that there is a bigger Hard Drive and better Processor... I wonder if that means that the functionality of the nav system will improve or that the system will be better in some way... I can't find any definate info about it though...
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #7
Jay Ell
Private
Jay Ell's Avatar
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Thanks for the info matey, interesting... I've just checked my contract and like you say I have the 1990 Nav option and the 350 Enhanced Bluetooth option both selected, so it looks like I got the saving.

Does anyone know if the actual system will be any different to my 2011 530d M Sport which also has professional Nav - are there any hardware/software changes to the iDrive? From what I have read, there wont be any differences to the physical shape of the vehicle or the interior.

When did you order yours? I've been given an estimated delivery date of May 25th having ordered on the 7th March. The majority of that time frame I assume will be the boat trip across the pond to the port in Yorkshire...
pleasure..

I ordered mine on Feb 13 .. and have first week of June as delivery, but they hope to have it for the last week of May, like yours.
The problem was that our builds (with the new media) don't start until April .. and then it's 29 days on the boat they told me.
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:05 AM   #8
Stephen H
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: X3 35D M Sport Alpine White
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cornwall

iTrader: (0)

I have a 35d M sport in White with a few options including the variable dampers. The VDC was a good choice in my opinion. My last one was a X5 40d M sport. The X3 with VDC rides much better than the X5 did which could be harsh on my local roads. The sport mode stiffens it up when needed and makes it a great drive.

I think the VDC, pano roof, powered boot and comfort access are pretty good things to have. The only thing I miss from the X5 is the sort close doors.

I love the way it goes and I'm really pleased with the mpg.

I'm sure you will enjoy yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #9
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Excellent. Have you ever driven a 30d? obviously i'll be going from 241bhp to 313bhp but are there many differences in driving characteristics? Also, whats the best mpg you see on a long motorway run? How do you find the VDC makes the car ride over uneven road surfaces? My 530d can also be very harsh and that's what made me choose it - it seems a best of both worlds option... Does the car always feel sure footed through corners? That's my biggest complaint with the 5 series, it's capable but doesn't sit as nicely in a corner as I like.

The only thing I'm really annoyed about is there is no adaptive cruise control option on the X3. I really wanted it!
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #10
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Just had an email confirming a Week 16 build slot... with my X3 due to arrive in the UK at the beginning of June...

Here is the full spec:

Vehicle
Z3M3 F25 X3 xDrive35d M Sport N57Z 3.0d
300 Alpine White
LUCZ Red Brown Nevada leather

Packages
ZNP Media package - BMW Professional
609 Navigation-system Professional
6AC BMW Emergency call
6AE BMW TeleServices
6AK BMW Online Services
6AM Real Time Traffic Information
6AN Information Plus
6AP Remote Services
6NR BMW Apps interface

ZXG Visibility package
430 Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
522 Xenon headlights
524 Adaptive Headlights
5AC High-beam Assistant

ZXK Access package
316 Bootlid operation, powered
322 Comfort Access

ZXO Electric seat adjustment with lumbar support
459 Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory
488 Lumbar support, driver and front pass.


Options
216 Servotronic Steering
223 Variable Damper Control (VDC)
249 Multi-function controls for s'wheel
2NE 19" Double-spoke style 369 M light alloy wheel with mixed tyres
2TB Sport automatic transmission
2VG Performance Control
2VL Variable sport steering
3AH Reversing Assist camera with Top View
3MC Roof rails, High-gloss Shadowline
402 Panoramic glass sunroof
420 Sun protection glass
465 Split-folding rear seats
481 Sport seats, front
493 Extended storage
494 Seat heating, front
4AD Brushed Aluminium Trim
5AD Lane departure warning system
610 Head-up Display
677 Loudspeaker system - BMW Professional
6AR Internet
6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation w/ USB
audio interface & voice Control
715 M aerodynamic bodystyling
760 Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadowline
775 Headlining, Anthracite
7XA Auto transmission M Sport leather steering wheel
with gearshift paddles
8TH Speed limit display

Standard Options
337 M Sport Package
544 Cruise control with brake function
258 Run-flat tyres
302 Alarm system (Thatcham 1)
423 Floor mats, velour
428 First Aid Kit & Triangle
431 Rear-view mirror, auto dimming
4U2 Drive Performance Control
508 Park Distance Control (PDC), front and rear
520 Foglights, front
521 Rain sensor with auto. headlight activation
534 Automatic Air Conditioning
563 Extended Interior Light Package
5DA Passenger airbag deactivation, front
654 DAB digital radio

Other
Serv Inc Service Inclusive Plus 5 years/50,000 miles
BMW Seal & Protect

I've checked through and think it's all there - if anyone sees anything that they think is worth adding, please shout...!
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #11
Kiernan
Private
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: X3 20d M Sport / M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yorkshire, England

iTrader: (0)

Heated steering wheel? I saw your comment about the heated rear seats that form part of the Cold Weather Pack, but I can't see anything obvious in your spec that would rule that option out. Did the dealer explain why you can't have them, or is it a recent change by BMW?
__________________
2012 BMW X3 20d M Sport Manual - Sapphire Black/Black Leather - Winter Pack, Access Pack, Xenons, Panoramic Roof, Professional Audio, 19" 369 wheels, Grad Tint Screen, Storage Pack, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Folding Mirrors. Oh yeah, and a 2013 Porsche 911 (991) C2S- Guards Red/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #12
Jay Ell
Private
Jay Ell's Avatar
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
Heated steering wheel? I saw your comment about the heated rear seats that form part of the Cold Weather Pack, but I can't see anything obvious in your spec that would rule that option out. Did the dealer explain why you can't have them, or is it a recent change by BMW?
i got the cold weather pack, which includes front/rear heated seats, and heated s/wheel. with the long winters now, the kids begged me for heated rear seats.
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #13
Jay Ell
Private
Jay Ell's Avatar
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
I have a 35d M sport in White with a few options including the variable dampers. The VDC was a good choice in my opinion. My last one was a X5 40d M sport. The X3 with VDC rides much better than the X5 did which could be harsh on my local roads. The sport mode stiffens it up when needed and makes it a great drive.

I think the VDC, pano roof, powered boot and comfort access are pretty good things to have. The only thing I miss from the X5 is the sort close doors.

I love the way it goes and I'm really pleased with the mpg.

I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

i test drove the X5 40d M Sport before buying the X3. I too found that car to be really bouncy. Hated it to be honest.

I then took out an X3 M Sport 30D (what I eventually ordered), without VDC, and it was TOTALLY different to the X5. Much much better. So much so, I decided that VDC wasn't necessary for me.
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #14
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

I wanted both the heated steering wheel and the rear heated seat but you can't have them. I think it's lane departure that stops you being able to select these...

If anyone is able to tell me I'm wrong, i'd love to add these but as far as I have found on the BMW configuator and from what BMW say, I can't have these options in conjunction with the others that I have ordered.
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #15
Jay Ell
Private
Jay Ell's Avatar
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
I wanted both the heated steering wheel and the rear heated seat but you can't have them. I think it's lane departure that stops you being able to select these...

If anyone is able to tell me I'm wrong, i'd love to add these but as far as I have found on the BMW configuator and from what BMW say, I can't have these options in conjunction with the others that I have ordered.
I've got heated rear + wheel (front too obviously).
Although, didn't go for the lane departure.
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #16
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Don't the heated rears and steering wheel have to be ordered as part of the cold weather package? I think the problem is that if one item in that package isn't compatible with another item, it won't let you have any of them... which sucks as technically it's entirely possible to have them - but it's just down to the way that BMW will allow you to order
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #17
Jay Ell
Private
Jay Ell's Avatar
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Don't the heated rears and steering wheel have to be ordered as part of the cold weather package? I think the problem is that if one item in that package isn't compatible with another item, it won't let you have any of them... which sucks as technically it's entirely possible to have them - but it's just down to the way that BMW will allow you to order
yeah it's a pain they way they do that.
luckily, I manged to keep mine. I don't think my kids would have spoken to me ever again if I hadn't gotten them heated rear.. they fight every morning over the front seat on the school run .. not that I'm around for that, but I hear about it most days

this wait is killing me though !!!!
one other thing I've noticed, which doesn't help with the wait.. I never see any on the road! Not one.
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

I'm wondering whether I should ditch Lane Departure (has anyone used this??) in favour of the cold weather package...
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
Jay Ell
Private
Jay Ell's Avatar
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
I'm wondering whether I should ditch Lane Departure (has anyone used this??) in favour of the cold weather package...
i couldn't think of a reason for me to ever use it
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #20
Kiernan
Private
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: X3 20d M Sport / M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yorkshire, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ell View Post
i couldn't think of a reason for me to ever use it

Same here. However, I've used the heated steering wheel everyday this winter and it's been brilliant. My M3 doesn't have it, and I must be going soft as it's something I really miss on the odd ocassion I've driven the car lately (not much, as M3's and snow don't go well together!)
__________________
2012 BMW X3 20d M Sport Manual - Sapphire Black/Black Leather - Winter Pack, Access Pack, Xenons, Panoramic Roof, Professional Audio, 19" 369 wheels, Grad Tint Screen, Storage Pack, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Folding Mirrors. Oh yeah, and a 2013 Porsche 911 (991) C2S- Guards Red/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #21
Jay Ell
Private
Jay Ell's Avatar
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 30D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Essex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
Same here. However, I've used the heated steering wheel everyday this winter and it's been brilliant. My M3 doesn't have it, and I must be going soft as it's something I really miss on the odd ocassion I've driven the car lately (not much, as M3's and snow don't go well together!)
good to hear.. never experienced a heated wheel.. wife is very much looking fwd to it.
hear you on the M3/snow.. i had the E60 M5. that stayed off the roads in snow
__________________
F25 X3 30D M Sport - Carbon Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #22
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

True. As an advanced driver I shouldn't need Lane Departure. I was just interested in the technology, and hate seeing areas on my dash that don't do anything... 'This is what you could have had!'

I've emailed my dealership and asked if they are able to remove Lane Departure, and instead add the cold weather package (to give heated steering wheel and rear seats) and also the load space separation net... Should keep the price the same give or take a few quid...
__________________
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST