BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Dechy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M

Window Anti-Trap disabled

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm the one who disabled it by mistake when trying to figure out the wiper blade winter park mode, but now I have a warning all the time about the Window Anti-Trap being disabled.

Check the manual and the only reference to what this might be is the window roll up safety where it'll go back down if it feels something stopping it from rolling up completely. It has something to do with holding the window button 4 seconds long but that's not doing anything whatsoever.... so I'm not sure I'm doing it right, if I've found the correct thing or if it's not something I disabled by mistake and really an issue I need to talk to the dealer about.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

I read that section to see if I noticed anything else, but didn't really. As you noted the 4 seconds is part of the instructions for disabling pinch protection. After trying the 4 sec thing, have you turned of the car, locked it, let it sit for a bit, and then restarted to see if the warning clears?
      01-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
I get this warning message quite often. I also note that windows going up and down are dreadfully and painfully slow.. its going in for its first service soon and I've got the following things for them to look at;

1. Anti Trap Errors
2. Window motors too slow
3. Steering now clunks went turning full lock either left or right
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
Dechy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I read that section to see if I noticed anything else, but didn't really. As you noted the 4 seconds is part of the instructions for disabling pinch protection. After trying the 4 sec thing, have you turned of the car, locked it, let it sit for a bit, and then restarted to see if the warning clears?
I tried with car running, car on accessories, right after turning off the car (same time as when you need to park the wipers) with no luck, so it's really annoying; I already have that dreadful under 3 degrees ding going on every time I start the car during winter, or while driving when the temp goes up and down, and now this, and windshield wiper fuild when it runs out (and it does often in this weather), so the car dings for like a full 60 seconds when I start it sometimes lol.

Makes me want get the cables and start coding to turn a lot of dinging stuff off!

I'll drive by the dealer this week and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
JimmyTheHand
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechy View Post
I already have that dreadful under 3 degrees ding going on every time I start the car during winter, or while driving when the temp goes up and down
It's not so bad when you are expecting it - but the first time each Autumn/fall it would always be as driving and you'd be wondering what was wrong (at least F25 tells you, rather than expecting you to notice thermometer was flashing)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

I've had this fault a couple of times. The first time it cleared after I restarted.
The second time the code had to be cleared by the dealer.

Check out my Kickstarter campaign!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...art-horn-smorn

Last edited by torzeck; 01-21-2013 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Appreciate 0