BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Do the X3 side mirrors fold?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
JoeyO
Lieutenant
United_States
28
Rep
553
Posts

Drives: silver car
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Do the X3 side mirrors fold?

I mean, can they fold on command?

The reason being is that I don't know if it will be a close fit with an X3 going in and out of my garage. It's a little bit wider than my current car.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
lbjgh
Major
lbjgh's Avatar
Canada
31
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Yep, hit the button just ahead of the window switch... I use it all the time entering my garage.
__________________
2013, AW, xDrive35i, M Sport Package, Technology Package, Dynamic Comfort Package, Premium Package, 3M Clear Bra, Euro foglight switch, a few coded fixes
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
philtrick123
Lieutenant
8
Rep
438
Posts

Drives: TBA
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maidenhead

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Yep, hit the button just ahead of the window switch... I use it all the time entering my garage.
Don't know if folding mirrors are stardard in NA, but I have a UK 30d SE and it doesn't have folding mirrors- but it was a cost option.
BTW- the X3 width including extended mirrors is 2098mm for the imperial guys = 82.59 inches
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
Marathon Man
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

In the US the power folding mirrors are in the Premium Package as part of the auto dimming option.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
58
Rep
3,854
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Bear in mind top down camera doesn't work when mirrors are folded
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
swordfishunter
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: x3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

when you lock the door, hold down the lock button, either on the fob or the handle if keyless
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
lbjgh
Major
lbjgh's Avatar
Canada
31
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

That only works if you've coded your car in North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfishunter View Post
when you lock the door, hold down the lock button, either on the fob or the handle if keyless
__________________
2013, AW, xDrive35i, M Sport Package, Technology Package, Dynamic Comfort Package, Premium Package, 3M Clear Bra, Euro foglight switch, a few coded fixes
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #8
calagod
Green Light
calagod's Avatar
Germany
0
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 11/11 X3 20d MPack Carbonblack
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
That only works if you've coded your car in North America.
Works like this well for my X3 in Germany - but you must have ordered the option "mirrors" plus "keyless" when you did specify the car options at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
58
Rep
3,854
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calagod View Post
Works like this well for my X3 in Germany - but you must have ordered the option "mirrors" plus "keyless" when you did specify the car options at the dealer.
The coding is required because NA doesn't allow this functionality. I think it's something to do with the law and trap hazards. Same with closing the boot remotely and closing the sunroof and windows by holding lock on the key fob. All of these work in the UK without extra coding
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
gareth12468
First Lieutenant
Canada
4
Rep
308
Posts

Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 28i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
The coding is required because NA doesn't allow this functionality. I think it's something to do with the law and trap hazards. Same with closing the boot remotely and closing the sunroof and windows by holding lock on the key fob. All of these work in the UK without extra coding
GLK has this automatic mirror folding function here in Toronto but not the X3.....
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
thebest
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth12468 View Post
GLK has this automatic mirror folding function here in Toronto but not the X3.....
It's the opposite here in the states. You can't get a GLK with automatic folding mirrors; it's not even an option. I hated it when MB cheapens their car for the US market...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
5mph
New Member
1
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: X3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (0)

Making side mirrors auto fold when parked?

I have the folding side mirrors option but I cannot find how you set them to automatically fold in when you have parked the car and stopped the engine. I dont want to have to press the button each time. How do you do this?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
gareth12468
First Lieutenant
Canada
4
Rep
308
Posts

Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 28i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mph View Post
I have the folding side mirrors option but I cannot find how you set them to automatically fold in when you have parked the car and stopped the engine. I dont want to have to press the button each time. How do you do this?
Thanks
you can code it yourself......
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #14
5mph
New Member
1
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: X3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth12468 View Post
you can code it yourself......
Is this an option through the iDrive, if so where abouts in the menus is it?
or do you mean coding the firmware, which I am not that clever I am afraid?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
58
Rep
3,854
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mph View Post
Is this an option through the iDrive, if so where abouts in the menus is it?
or do you mean coding the firmware, which I am not that clever I am afraid?
The latter. Refer to

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715297
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.




xbimmers
xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST