BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Phone call with ign on / off

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Wyvern
New Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Bay, California


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Phone call with ign on / off

Hi .. I am still new here and playing with my 13 X3.
I did search and www-ed it & can't find this answer.

If I am on the phone (via bluetooth) while driving ... and I come to my stop and turn the engine off ... after a bit the engine starts back up again.
If I double stop with the button . I loose the phone.

Any help on how to continue a call once I come to a stop, turn the engine off ... without it restarting ?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Marathon Man
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston


Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

I think what you are talking about is that the engine stopping from the auto stop/start feature, not from pushing the off button. ASS then restarts when you take your foot off the brake or turn the wheel. Try turning off ASS first and see if that is it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
April1
Love All
United_States
16

 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 739
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
Why does your engine start back again?

First press will shut off engine but will keep ignition ON, thats enough for you to continue talking for about 20 minutes when the ignition turns off automatically. After that you can just pickup your phone and start taking, phone will still hod your connection.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
philtrick123
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: TBA
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maidenhead


Posts: 401
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Hi .. I am still new here and playing with my 13 X3.
I did search and www-ed it & can't find this answer.

If I am on the phone (via bluetooth) while driving ... and I come to my stop and turn the engine off ... after a bit the engine starts back up again.
If I double stop with the button . I loose the phone.

Any help on how to continue a call once I come to a stop, turn the engine off ... without it restarting ?
Thanks
Are you sure that when you come to a stop you are turning the engine off and its not the Stop/Start kicking in? I can't test, but when I pull up and the engine Stop/Start kicks in, I press the 'Park' button on the gear selector, then press the Stop/Start button once. This should put the car into 'Aux mode'. If you want to turn the car completely off then press the Stop/Start button once more- WITHOUT having your foot on the brake pedal. If you keep your foot on the brake pedal the engine will restart..... I think
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
philtrick123
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: TBA
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maidenhead


Posts: 401
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Why does your engine start back again?

First press will shut off engine but will keep ignition ON, thats enough for you to continue talking for about 20 minutes when the ignition turns off automatically. After that you can just pickup your phone and start taking, phone will still hod your connection.
Is there any way of extending the auto off @ 20 mins or is it hard coded?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
April1
Love All
United_States
16

 
April1's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i 2011
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 739
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to April1
It's not hard coded but a safety measure to preserve battery for next start.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Wyvern
New Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Bay, California


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Thank you ALL,
Gotta be honest here ... It is the wife's car.
I may have a different kind of "re-coding" to do ... LOL
I'll do an actual run through and now that you made me the expert the training should be easier.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
Rogerbu
Private
United Kingdom
1

 
Drives: X3 3.0D M Sport, Alpine White
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Portsmouth, UK


Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

If you have the Auto Hold on, then when the ASS stops the engine it won't restart when you lift off the brake.
Same effect - different route
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
dchao
Private
0

 
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive20d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London


Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbu View Post
If you have the Auto Hold on, then when the ASS stops the engine it won't restart when you lift off the brake.
Same effect - different route
It might not be the brake, it could be the A/C or the headlights as well. When the battery voltage drops, it can trigger a restart, in order to top up the battery.

I don't see a way around OP's problem, except keep the ignition on until the call is terminated.

Last edited by dchao; 11-04-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST