BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Flat Tire =,=

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
Teemo Panda's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,179
Posts

 
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey (NJ)

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [2.83]
On my way back from Ramapo college, I was about to merge into the highway and about to floor the car until this pop up in my screen said my tire was low .
So I pulled over to the side and check the pressure, it dropped really low to below 25 psi and I was so like WTF! My 1st flat. Then I tired to locate the hole by watering the tire because I heard a hissing sound.
Now I located the hole and no nail, but it looks like a puncture hole.

I'm kinda worried that BMW wont cover it since i have tire warranty.

Btw, the car has 2,802 miles on it.

Wondering if it's just me having a flat below 5k miles or is it the tires :
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
leftee86
New Member
1
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 x28i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Why would you be worried if BMW doesn't cover it, if you have the Tire warranty?

I purchased the 5 year Tire and Wheel warranty...though I wasn't told there was a $50 deductible for each instance, whether it's one tire or all 4 at the same time.

I actually just ran into a curb today for the first time, haven't thoroughly checked the tire, but looks ok.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
Teemo Panda's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,179
Posts

 
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey (NJ)

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [2.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee86
Why would you be worried if BMW doesn't cover it, if you have the Tire warranty?

I purchased the 5 year Tire and Wheel warranty...though I wasn't told there was a $50 deductible for each instance, whether it's one tire or all 4 at the same time.

I actually just ran into a curb today for the first time, haven't thoroughly checked the tire, but looks ok.

Omg really?
I thought they would cover it if there is a nail, glass or a crack. Other than that, it's out of pocket :
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
lbjgh
Major
lbjgh's Avatar
Canada
24
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Tough break!

It seems like every other house on my street is being re-roofed.

I actually spotted a bloody roofing nail while riding my motorcyle and turned around and picked it up.
__________________
2013, AW, xDrive35i, M Sport Package, Technology Package, Dynamic Comfort Package, Premium Package, 3M Clear Bra, Euro foglight switch, a few coded fixes
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
Teemo Panda's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,179
Posts

 
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey (NJ)

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [2.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh
Tough break!

It seems like every other house on my street is being re-roofed.

I actually spotted a bloody roofing nail while riding my motorcyle and turned around and picked it up.
Ur luck u didn't get a flat :P
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
alexg62
Private
alexg62's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: X3 35i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo Panda View Post

Wondering if it's just me having a flat below 5k miles or is it the tires :
Check out this thread. I had same thoughts when I got flat after only 200 miles.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698294
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
Teemo Panda's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,179
Posts

 
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey (NJ)

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [2.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo Panda View Post

Wondering if it's just me having a flat below 5k miles or is it the tires :
Check out this thread. I had same thoughts when I got flat after only 200 miles.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698294
Awww sorry to hear that bro. If u asked me, the dealer probably swapped that while on the showroom :P

Update:
When I got to the dealership, I was glad that they would replace the tire no questions asked because of the tire warranty.
The only limitation is that, the tire must not be bald.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
lbjgh
Major
lbjgh's Avatar
Canada
24
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Well, I forgot to knock on wood.

Damn roofing gods got me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Tough break!

It seems like every other house on my street is being re-roofed.

I actually spotted a bloody roofing nail while riding my motorcyle and turned around and picked it up.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013, AW, xDrive35i, M Sport Package, Technology Package, Dynamic Comfort Package, Premium Package, 3M Clear Bra, Euro foglight switch, a few coded fixes
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
xodium
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo Panda View Post
Omg really?
I thought they would cover it if there is a nail, glass or a crack. Other than that, it's out of pocket :
If you're worried about the tire not having a nail, just put one ...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #10
scotta2
Private First Class
United Kingdom
1
Rep
103
Posts

 
Drives: MY2013 F25 X3 M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Falkirk UK

iTrader: (0)

There's hope!

It's worth bearing in mind that when a nail is noticed and only slight depressurisation takes place the tyre is perfectly ok to be repaired (unless of course the sidewall has been compromised). With the price of replacements being so excessive perhaps it is a good idea to have frequent visual checks for foreign objects that may lead to loss of pressure. The tyre fitter can remove them at the workshop and fit a vulcanised plug if necessary, much cheaper than waiting on a low tyre pressure warning?
__________________
MY 2013 X3 M Sport 2.0D Auto, Media Package, Xenons Deep Sea Blue with 19" Alloys.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #11
lbjgh
Major
lbjgh's Avatar
Canada
24
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I was lucky in one sense... I had taken my motorcycle to work that day and discovered the flat upon my return. It was clear form the wear on the nail head that the nail was only in the tire for a very short distance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta2 View Post
It's worth bearing in mind that when a nail is noticed and only slight depressurisation takes place the tyre is perfectly ok to be repaired (unless of course the sidewall has been compromised). With the price of replacements being so excessive perhaps it is a good idea to have frequent visual checks for foreign objects that may lead to loss of pressure. The tyre fitter can remove them at the workshop and fit a vulcanised plug if necessary, much cheaper than waiting on a low tyre pressure warning?
__________________
2013, AW, xDrive35i, M Sport Package, Technology Package, Dynamic Comfort Package, Premium Package, 3M Clear Bra, Euro foglight switch, a few coded fixes

Last edited by lbjgh; 04-27-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST