BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » No-Cost Maintenance program details

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Toecutter
Private
 
Drives: rattletrap
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PNW

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

No-Cost Maintenance program details

One can use the BMW 4 year/50K mile no-cost maintenance program at any dealership, correct? In other words, if I were to buy from Dealership A could I get my maintenance from Dealership B?

Also, does BMW reimburse the dealership for the provided maintenance service?
Toecutter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
beto_L.A.
First Lieutenant
 
beto_L.A.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i Jet black
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: north hollywood, CA

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

You can take your BMW vehicle to any BMW dealer for Warranty service and schedule maintenance.
But depends on the dealers you might not get a FREE loaner car if needed if you take it to a different BMW dealer from the one that you made the purchase.
That happened to me...I purchased from dealer A and on 2 occasions I took my car to dealer B and when I needed a loaner car I had to pay $20 per day to dealer B.
__________________
On order: 4GC F36, M Sport Line, Mineral Grey, Red Leather.
Current: 2012 F25 X328i, JET BLACK,Chestnut Brown,Sport Activity Package, Xenon Lights, 25% tint front.
Returned: '09 E90 328I sedan, space gray, saddle brown leather,Dark Burl Walnut wood trim, sport package, A/T, xenon lights, Ipod/USB adapter, 35% tint all around.
beto_L.A. is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
Toecutter
Private
 
Drives: rattletrap
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PNW

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

Thanks beto.
Toecutter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
 
Drives: 2011 X3 Xdrive35i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Posts: 499
iTrader: (0)

how does one become a service customer of another dealer? i mean like to the point where you can get a loaner car even if you didn't purchase there? An example, what if i move to another city and need service.
__________________
2011 X3 XDrive35i F25 l Deep Sea Blue l Mojave Leather l Alum Brush Trim l Packages = Sport, DHP, Premium, Nav/Technology, Cold Weather, Convenience | Premuim Audio + Sirius

2008 328XI E91 Sportwagon l Sparkling Graphite l Gray Dakota Leather l Dark Burl Walnut | Steptronic 6SP l Premium l Heated Seats [traded in for the X3 above]
greg2step is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
beto_L.A.
First Lieutenant
 
beto_L.A.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i Jet black
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: north hollywood, CA

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
how does one become a service customer of another dealer? i mean like to the point where you can get a loaner car even if you didn't purchase there? An example, what if i move to another city and need service.
I'm talking of my experience here in
Los Angeles Ca. Dealers compete against each other trash talk one another....so just because you buy a BMW car it does not guarantee you will receive the same treatment from
Dealer X Y Z when you bought your car from Dealer A...
On the free loaner car situation you are priority at the Dealer you buy the car from, and those who take their cars to a different BMW from the one they bought their car, it's harder to get a loaner car even if you make an appointment with weeks in advance.
They'll give you a ride in their shuttle vans to your job or home...
That is why I get my cars from the closest dealer possible this will at least get me some perks that others don't get because they got their car from a different place.
__________________
On order: 4GC F36, M Sport Line, Mineral Grey, Red Leather.
Current: 2012 F25 X328i, JET BLACK,Chestnut Brown,Sport Activity Package, Xenon Lights, 25% tint front.
Returned: '09 E90 328I sedan, space gray, saddle brown leather,Dark Burl Walnut wood trim, sport package, A/T, xenon lights, Ipod/USB adapter, 35% tint all around.
beto_L.A. is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
GQX3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 X3 28i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto_L.A. View Post
I'm talking of my experience here in
Los Angeles Ca. Dealers compete against each other trash talk one another....so just because you buy a BMW car it does not guarantee you will receive the same treatment from
Dealer X Y Z when you bought your car from Dealer A...
On the free loaner car situation you are priority at the Dealer you buy the car from, and those who take their cars to a different BMW from the one they bought their car, it's harder to get a loaner car even if you make an appointment with weeks in advance.
They'll give you a ride in their shuttle vans to your job or home...
That is why I get my cars from the closest dealer possible this will at least get me some perks that others don't get because they got their car from a different place.
Also toecutter,
Before I started my purchase I looked up dealers in the L.A. area on Yelp for reviews, it is a 50/50 propositon on their ratings unless you have experenced it yourself. Most are ficticous by the dealers writing their own review.
The service side I found is a whole other story for new BMWs, especially with the X3's and the iDrive system. I have found there is no such thing as a certified BMW mechanic at the dealers out here in LA, most do not send their mechanics anywhere for training, yes they do send their sales people back to So. Carolina but that is it. So I would pick the dealer you bought it from and see if they offer a free loaner, because more than likely they will need the car overnight to figure your problem out.
GQX3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
Toecutter
Private
 
Drives: rattletrap
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PNW

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQX3 View Post
I would pick the dealer you bought it from and see if they offer a free loaner, because more than likely they will need the car overnight to figure your problem out.
Interesting information, thank you.
Toecutter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST