BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Paint Protection Film (clear bra) now avail for M Sport

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #45
Jan van Zyl
Private
 
Drives: 2011 X3 (F25) x-drive 2.0D
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Windhoek, Namibia

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglo View Post
I just had my Alpine White X3 sealed with Optiguard yesterday - I didn't really want a piece of plastic on my car (I've done 3M Clearbra previously with my Audi A3 - it started to peel and was really visible).

Google Optiguard (or Opticoat) and see if that is an alternative for you guys - the results seems to be quite good on people that have had this done (lots of pics on the web). It provides a harder surface for BMW's notorious soft paint. The additional benefit is that it makes washing the car a lot easier and virtually eliminates the need for waxing (its good for lazy guys like me!). Also, the Optiguard can be added to all surfaces (except windshield and side mirrors for safety reasons) - so surface area wise, its pretty good protection.

If you are in the Toronto area - Bryan from concurstouch is who I went with and he did an amazing job and is fully insured to do this procedure - my X3 looked better than when it came off the lot. (Again, his reputation speaks for itself when you google his name)
Strangely enough have just been reading about this product on a detailing forum and it seems really good. Please inform here as time goes on what your experience is with the product.
Jan van Zyl is offline   Namibia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #46
kglo
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 X3 28i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan van Zyl View Post
Strangely enough have just been reading about this product on a detailing forum and it seems really good. Please inform here as time goes on what your experience is with the product.
One other product that I considered was CQuartz - it basically does the same thing and some have said that it is "harder" than OptiCoat/OptiGuard and sheds water a bit better. I ultimately did not go with it because it was slightly more expensive and more importantly, has a cure time of 12 hours (where the car had to remain dry) - since this is my daily driver and the weather here has been a bit wet, it wasn't really an option for me.
kglo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #47
Mingstar88
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X3 35i Carbon Black MSport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: GTA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglo View Post
I just had my Alpine White X3 sealed with Optiguard yesterday - I didn't really want a piece of plastic on my car (I've done 3M Clearbra previously with my Audi A3 - it started to peel and was really visible).

Google Optiguard (or Opticoat) and see if that is an alternative for you guys - the results seems to be quite good on people that have had this done (lots of pics on the web). It provides a harder surface for BMW's notorious soft paint. The additional benefit is that it makes washing the car a lot easier and virtually eliminates the need for waxing (its good for lazy guys like me!). Also, the Optiguard can be added to all surfaces (except windshield and side mirrors for safety reasons) - so surface area wise, its pretty good protection.

If you are in the Toronto area - Bryan from concurstouch is who I went with and he did an amazing job and is fully insured to do this procedure - my X3 looked better than when it came off the lot. (Again, his reputation speaks for itself when you google his name)
how much for your x3? i did get a quote from him, just wanna compare
Mingstar88 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #48
kglo
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 X3 28i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingstar88 View Post
how much for your x3? i did get a quote from him, just wanna compare
Sent you a PM
kglo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #49
philtrick123
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: TBA
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maidenhead

Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

A stupid question- why is the plastic paint protection called 'clear bra'. Beyond the reference to female underwear , I can't work out if 'bra' stands for something.
philtrick123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST