|08-31-2011, 02:08 PM||#1|
The one that drives!
Drives: 11 x3 35i/09 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England
[REQUEST] BMW X3 Windows 7 Theme picture request! - details inside!
I have seen so many pretty and technically excellent pictures that I decided to start a thread in order to gather a few (preferably more than 10, less than 20) pictures of our rides that we can later assemble into an MS Windows 7/Mac OS X theme and/or a screensaver, which I would gladly install on my computer and enjoy looking at them while I work. Since I am a system engineer, I spend an upwards of 8-9 hours daily in front of the PC, so such theme would be highly desirable. I am sure many of you would appreciate the same!
So, here it is:
1. The request is open until 9/15/2011 at midnight, and few days after that I will come up with a preliminary theme, followed up with a final version.
2. I would like to invite everyone worldwide.
3. I would like to see a lightly modified X3s as well (so called OEM+), as long as they are tasteful and appropriate (different wheels, LED DRLs etc, an AC Schnitzer kit anybody?).
4. The subject of the photo might be anything F25 BMW X3 related, not only a shot of a car in a natural scenery (or an urban jungle), but also a detail (like an X3 badge, xDrive 35i badge etc.).
5. The picture has to be at least WUXGA (1920X1200) or WQXGA (2560x1600) or larger, at least 16 to 24 bits, JPG or RAW.
6. In order to keep some sense of order, everyone is limited to max. 2 entries (2 pictures) of the same car (if you have 2 X3s, you can submit 2 pictures of each car, etc.)
7. Last but not least. In order to be considered, please copy and paste this statement, protecting all of us:
By signing electronically below either in my real name or forum nickname, I do hereby declare and warrant that I am the copyright owner of the pictures attached to this post which I am releasing to the x3.xbimmers.com user community for the purpose of using them in the creation of a non-copyrighted operating system desktop theme and/or a screensaver.
I understand the copyright laws pertaining to the ownership of photos, and I am also aware that large monetary penalties may be assessed for illegally using photos without the written permission of the copyright owner.
So please take your car for a impromptu photo shoot, attach at most 2
pictures (either directly or through tinypic or imageshack), don't forget to sign the clause, and let's see what you got!
If it works out, we might do it quarterly: x3s and the fall foliage, X3s in the snow, X3s in the sand, etc.
|photos, pictures, screensaver, theme, x3 f25|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|