BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Bluetooth

Just picked up my X3 on Saturday, and I am loving it. Does anyone know how to pull phone numbers directly from your phone on bluetooth? My husband's BMW does this automatically. In my new car, it does not automatically pull the numbers. It is giving me the option to add the numbers into the car, but there is no way I am adding all of the numbers already in my phone directly into the car. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Just picked up my X3 on Saturday, and I am loving it. Does anyone know how to pull phone numbers directly from your phone on bluetooth? My husband's BMW does this automatically. In my new car, it does not automatically pull the numbers. It is giving me the option to add the numbers into the car, but there is no way I am adding all of the numbers already in my phone directly into the car. Thank you.
You'll need to post the phone model you are synching. iPhone is automatic for example

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You'll need to post the phone model you are synching. iPhone is automatic for example
Thank you for your response although I am uncertain what you mean. I have a Blackberry and my DH has a Droid. It posted the names of the phones when we synced them. Is there a step that I am missing?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I have not left the house (since my DS and I are sick). DH tried again but was still unsuccessful. Thanks for the suggestion. We are just not sure how to implement it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I only meant people will need to know the exact model of phone, which you have now posted on this thread, so hopefully someone will see this and be able to help you. It's all down to how your phone uses Bluetooth. You might need to post which Blackberry model too

I would also try to re-pair your BB and try it on your husband's profile (key) as well as yours

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep

I laughed when I saw what you meant. How did I miss that? My Blackberry is the storm. The only thing I know about DH's droid is that it is made by Motorolla. It is a company phone, so I have never even touched it. Just seen it in passing. He is at work right now, so I cannot even ask him.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

kmedina..have you looked at this-http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...hframedin.aspx

Is it possible your information is on the microSD?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep

Both of our phones are on there. They are paired, and we have used both of our phones with the Bluetooth. For some reason, it just does not pull our phone books up (from either key). I have like 4 numbers memorized and use the phone book for everyone else. It just makes it hard to call out. My husband's BMW automatically pulls our phone books up via Bluetooth. He did not do anything that he did not do to my car. I will try to look into myself, since he is so busy. Thank you for that link.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Gotta make sure you're looking atvthevphone and not the car memory. Once paired, all numbers on the phonevshould be available while paired.
      04-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep

Still learning this pesky system. Just got back from dinner. I noticed that it is pulling the numbers now but refused to automatically connect. (It may be that we were looking in the car before and were looking into the phone this time. I am just not sure.) I had to allow the connection from my phone. It could be just me (new learner) but we never have to do anything in my husband's car. Will report back next time I take the car out. Thanks for all of the help thus far.

Last edited by kmedina; 04-28-2011 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #11
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep

I got it working correctly now. Thanks to everyone.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #12
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I got it working correctly now. Thanks to everyone.
Taht's great.
What did you finally have to do?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep

I am not exactly sure how the phone numbers started pulling up. We just played around with it. Someone mentioned the numbers were pulling from the car rather than the phone, so we must have addressed that. There was an option on my phone when I accepted the connection (that I never noticed before) stating it would not ask the question again once I selected it. Now, it automatically connects.
Appreciate 0