|04-25-2011, 04:00 PM||#1|
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Coventry - UK
UK/Euro v USA print catalogue
Just been fortunate enough to spend 2 weeks in California with the family and with 1,500m driving and street walking in the worlds SUV capital I still did not see any F25's.
However, I did call in at 2 dealers (Monterey and Bervely Hills) and picked up a print catalogue. Both dealers only had a single F25 (just like most UK dealers) in the compound.
Having looked over the US brochure I can see more detail in the spec. variations from the Euro build cars, sumarizing these differences I noted:
1) The brochures are both A4! and follow the same layout and most text boxes are the same layout but generally the text or titles are modified and the US version has more detail! For example BMW apps shows a picture with text box - this would clear up a lot of questions from over here if such detail was in the UK/Ire (EU local language) prints
2) EU clear front indicator lense (irrespective of LED or not) USA lense - orange
3) EU starter wheels are non-runflat and narrower (not available in US) I guess to get lower emissions/tax? EU wheel options has one additional style (starter with non-runflat)
4) Type 309 in the US uses the same width front and rear as standard (275mm is standard rear in EU)
5) More detail in the US catalogue about gear rations and engine spec. than EU
6) Most US options are bundles, and more of them than in EU
7) EU options often include 'standard' and premium' for the same item, like speakers and sat nav - US appears to have one 'option' or bundle choice
No doubt some of the details will be clarified but they are some of the variations I noticed.
The two CA's I spoke were also amazed at the EU waiting times and confirmed what US posters tell us that build times for spec. orders are no more than 8 weeks even without an existing order slot. The CA's also spoke of the video and tracking features until I announced the EU does not have these options.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|