BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Placed my order

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #45
Jenaviv
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 x3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

I only put a $500 deposit to place the order. It took me all of 20 minutes to order the car.
(I knew exactly what i wanted and what i wanted to pay)
Jenaviv is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #46
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

Marisa, I ordered 3/27 and don't have a production number yet either - my CA says I won't get one until a production slot opens up at the dealership which should be soon.
periwinkle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #47
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

I got my production number today and entered it into my Owners Circle on the website. It shows the model car but I don't see where it would say "On Order" or "In Production" etc....
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #48
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by periwinkle View Post
Marisa, I ordered 3/27 and don't have a production number yet either - my CA says I won't get one until a production slot opens up at the dealership which should be soon.

When I ordered, I asked if it was possible to get the car by a certain date and the said yes. I waited to see if the financing rates would go down because they told me I had time. I would have ordered sooner if I knew it was unsure. We'll see...I was also told sometimes the status can change pretty fast.
Good luck to you!
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #49
Want the thrill
Major
 
Drives: X3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MI

Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 X3 35i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa330i View Post
I got my production number today and entered it into my Owners Circle on the website. It shows the model car but I don't see where it would say "On Order" or "In Production" etc....
It is under "Track my BMW" on the left hand side, just about the BMW financial services tab
Want the thrill is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #50
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
It is under "Track my BMW" on the left hand side, just about the BMW financial services tab
All I see is

* Track My BMW
* 2011 X3 xDrive28i
* Production Number *******

Nothing else...maybe they haven't updated it?
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #51
kmedina
Loves BMW
 
kmedina's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

You should be able to click on the middle one 2011 X3 xdrive28i (a link should appear when you scroll your mouse over it). Once you enter that screen, you can track your status there. If there is not a link, it may be that nothing has been updated yet. I doubt that though, since you have a production number. It should at least be under "on order" status.
kmedina is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #52
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
You should be able to click on the middle one 2011 X3 xdrive28i (a link should appear when you scroll your mouse over it). Once you enter that screen, you can track your status there. If there is not a link, it may be that nothing has been updated yet. I doubt that though, since you have a production number. It should at least be under "on order" status.
Yea...I clicked it and it went right back to the My BMW Overview page. Guess I will try again tomorrow. I called the 800 # and they said it was on order with no scheduled production number which is weird because the dealer told me May 19th. Wondering if they are blowing smoke up my rear!
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #53
Razel
Rider and driver
 
Razel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black X35i Rides: K1300GT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fremont, CA.

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via ICQ to Razel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa330i View Post
Yea...I clicked it and it went right back to the My BMW Overview page. Guess I will try again tomorrow. I called the 800 # and they said it was on order with no scheduled production number which is weird because the dealer told me May 19th. Wondering if they are blowing smoke up my rear!
Usually, the web page isn't in synch with the phone status which isn't in synch with what the dealer has access to. On rare occasions, the three actually agree on the status, but that's most likely after you've picked up the vehicle at the dealership.
__________________
2011 X3 35i
Black Saphire - Nevada Mojave - Y Spoke 308 - Premium Sound - Navigation

I work for Keyser Söze
Razel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #54
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

The website worked today and gave me the "On Order" status. I guess now I just sit back and join the waiting game with everyone.
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #55
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel View Post
Usually, the web page isn't in synch with the phone status which isn't in synch with what the dealer has access to. On rare occasions, the three actually agree on the status, but that's most likely after you've picked up the vehicle at the dealership.
I hope that is the case. That the dealer has the date and it just hasn't been updated in the phone system yet. Thanks for the info.
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #56
Marmik
Private
 
Drives: X3 35i titanium & black
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel View Post
Usually, the web page isn't in synch with the phone status which isn't in synch with what the dealer has access to. On rare occasions, the three actually agree on the status, but that's most likely after you've picked up the vehicle at the dealership.
Agreed on this. On April 23rd the BMW website switched my order status to "in production." The site stayed on "in production" until today, May 3, when it switched to "at preparation center" skipping right over "production finished" and "en route." Psychologically good however since this means my X3 is in town!
Marmik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #57
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmik View Post
Agreed on this. On April 23rd the BMW website switched my order status to "in production." The site stayed on "in production" until today, May 3, when it switched to "at preparation center" skipping right over "production finished" and "en route." Psychologically good however since this means my X3 is in town!
That's great! A little over a week!
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #58
Marmik
Private
 
Drives: X3 35i titanium & black
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmik View Post
Agreed on this. On April 23rd the BMW website switched my order status to "in production." The site stayed on "in production" until today, May 3, when it switched to "at preparation center" skipping right over "production finished" and "en route." Psychologically good however since this means my X3 is in town!
OK I was WRONG about this. I assumed the prep center was where the car arrived after shipment to the dealer region. For X3s "at the prep center" actually means in shipment to dealer. Sounds like they pretty much roll out of the factory into shipment. As you would expect I suppose. The website is confusing since "en-route" suggests shipment somewhere? Checking online, it seems that at Spartanburg "en-route" is really no step at all because "production finished", "en-route" and "at prep center" are all steps immediately adjacent to the factory and take no time at all. Apparently the steps used in the web design are more accurate for BMW's shipped from Europe.
Marmik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #59
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

So my online status updated to "Start of Production" but the 800# still says no confirmed production date. Kinda confusing.
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #60
pault
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 F25 35i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa330i View Post
So my online status updated to "Start of Production" but the 800# still says no confirmed production date. Kinda confusing.
This might be a first to have the online status reporting car at a more advanced stage than as reported by calling the 800#. Perhaps check with your SA, their access to info is typically more accurate.
__________________
2011 F25 35i Space Gray with Black Leather
Cold Weather | Convenience | Dynamic Handling | Premium | Sport Activity | Technology | Dynamic Damper Control | Head-up Display | Smartphone | BMW Apps | Premium hi-fi | Satellite radio | Automatic high beams
pault is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #61
Marmik
Private
 
Drives: X3 35i titanium & black
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa330i View Post
So my online status updated to "Start of Production" but the 800# still says no confirmed production date. Kinda confusing.
So you're finally on your way. Great! It was 17 days from the date my X3 was listed "start of production" to it's arrival at the dealership.
Marmik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #62
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
This might be a first to have the online status reporting car at a more advanced stage than as reported by calling the 800#. Perhaps check with your SA, their access to info is typically more accurate.
I was thinking the same thing. Very strange!
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #63
Marisa330i
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmik View Post
So you're finally on your way. Great! It was 17 days from the date my X3 was listed "start of production" to it's arrival at the dealership.
I am going to hope mine has a similar time frame as yours.
Marisa330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #64
pault
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 F25 35i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Very similar for me too, started production on Thu 21st April and took delivery today 6th May. So 15 days, which included 2 weekends. I'm east coast, Boston. Not too long now! very, very happy with mine!
__________________
2011 F25 35i Space Gray with Black Leather
Cold Weather | Convenience | Dynamic Handling | Premium | Sport Activity | Technology | Dynamic Damper Control | Head-up Display | Smartphone | BMW Apps | Premium hi-fi | Satellite radio | Automatic high beams
pault is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #65
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
 
Sabian's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 35i Mineral
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Woodinville, Wa

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

Hey Want The Thrill, any news on your X3?

I remember we ordered the same day and posted about the same time, my X3 is scheduled to be completed tomorrow.

Hope you made it thru completion by now too. Keep us posted.
Sabian is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #66
Want the thrill
Major
 
Drives: X3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MI

Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 X3 35i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Hey Want The Thrill, any news on your X3?

I remember we ordered the same day and posted about the same time, my X3 is scheduled to be completed tomorrow.

Hope you made it thru completion by now too. Keep us posted.
Hey Sabian! Mine said it was to be completed Sunday, May 8th. I called today and checked online and nothing has been updated. It's still "your vehicle is being assembled and is scheduled to finish production on May 8th". I called my CA today to see what the status code is but the system was down. He is going to check for me first thing Tuesday so hopefully I'll have some news! The dealer loaned me a 3 series to drive until the X3 gets here so I'm having fun tooling around in it for now! Feels weird to drive a car after not doing so for 10 years! Keep me posted on your status as well!
Want the thrill is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST