BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » ordering in US. 16days only??!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
JKim89
Lieutenant
JKim89's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

ordering in US. 16days only??!

So, today I finalized my order and the manager at the dealership sent in the information. Apparently there are certain dates for certain parts of US to order.
Anyways, the sales person and the manager told me that it only takes 16 days from start of production to delivery at the dealership. Then maybe a day at the dealership getting ready. It was quite surprising since I've heard people waiting months and months for their X3. They tell me the car will probably here late April or early May.

Anyways, here's my spec of the car:

Alpine White
Black Leather
Aluminum Trim

M-Sport Package
Technology Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather package

Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
AJWilson's Avatar
Scotland
3
Rep
379
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fife, UK

iTrader: (0)



Quote:
Originally Posted by hyungy89 View Post
So, today I finalized my order and the manager at the dealership sent in the information. Apparently there are certain dates for certain parts of US to order.
Anyways, the sales person and the manager told me that it only takes 16 days from start of production to delivery at the dealership. Then maybe a day at the dealership getting ready. It was quite surprising since I've heard people waiting months and months for their X3. They tell me the car will probably here late April or early May.

Anyways, here's my spec of the car:

Alpine White
Black Leather
Aluminum Trim

M-Sport Package
Technology Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather package

Can't wait!
__________________
BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,853
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

I think the rest of the world needs a filter so that they don't see any posts reporting timelines of less than a month!!!!!
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
JKim89
Lieutenant
JKim89's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

I dont know for sure tho. I've seen other US people saying that it takes more than a month for them to get their cars. I'll let you guys know for sure once I get a confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
loatron
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: F25 28i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyungy89 View Post
I dont know for sure tho. I've seen other US people saying that it takes more than a month for them to get their cars. I'll let you guys know for sure once I get a confirmation.
Yes it's possible, it all depends on your dealers allocations. I ordered March 11 and my car arrived March 30 (with a broken steering rack, so I haven't picked it up yet. )
__________________
F25: 2011 - Present
E46: 2004 - 2011
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Want the thrill
Major
17
Rep
1,156
Posts

 
Drives: X3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MI

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 X3 35i  [3.88]
My dealer is saying if I place an order now, I'll have it by the end of May......
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
jaymk5's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
212
Posts

 
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymouth, MN, USA

iTrader: (0)

I placed my order on Feb 21 and its still not yet delivered to deliver. I am thinking close to 2 month for mine to be in my drive way. I am in midwest, US.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

I placed my order March 28th & salesman called me 5days later that production had started, I was shocked! checked the bmw site & sure enough it started its funny b/c the one time I'm not in a rush to get a new car it gets produced quickest, I'm buying it for my wife as a graduation present & don't want it until mid May, going to have to take delivery sooner I guess but I'll try to push it back as far as possible even if I have to pay all the fees ect & just leave it on there lot...I gotta figure out a way to surprise her w/ it
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
tuco44
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
15
Rep
1,594
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E82 135i MSport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Western Canada

iTrader: (0)

It all depends on what allocations the dealer has available to him. Even in US and Canada it can vary dealer-to-dealer. Not all dealers have the same number of allocated build slots. Or some have used them up totally, and their times will be much longer if ordered now.
__________________
2012 135i E82 MSport 6MT Jet Black

Previous BMWs - 2012 135i MSport LMB DCT(sold), 2011 X3 35i MSport VR (sold), 2009 M3 Sedan AW (sold), 2008 535xi MSport AW (sold), 2007 328xiT Barbera (sold), plus 11 others in the 70s & 80s.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #10
lord.vater
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: Bavarian tech
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

took less than 3 weeks for us to get ours
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
midlifecrisis
Captain
13
Rep
698
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 - IB/ExBB
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
I placed my order March 28th & salesman called me 5days later that production had started, I was shocked! checked the bmw site & sure enough it started its funny b/c the one time I'm not in a rush to get a new car it gets produced quickest, I'm buying it for my wife as a graduation present & don't want it until mid May, going to have to take delivery sooner I guess but I'll try to push it back as far as possible even if I have to pay all the fees ect & just leave it on there lot...I gotta figure out a way to surprise her w/ it
Hey Monsta! I'm getting a X3, too! My 28i has been built and is waiting for me to pick it up at the Performance Center. E9x M3s and F25 X3s go well together!
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - Dinan Stage 3 and BBS CH's
2000 328i sedan (UUC suspension - still the favorite)
2012 Mini Cooper (wife's)
1991 325iX (sold - gone but not forgotten!)
2014 X5 35d (Performance Center delivery May '14)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #12
wagsoja
Private
1
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY

iTrader: (0)

Ordered March 4. Took deliver March 28th.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
JKim89
Lieutenant
JKim89's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

Wow.
I guess X3's are really fast!
I hope I get mine as fast as some of you guys out there
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
Hey Monsta! I'm getting a X3, too! My 28i has been built and is waiting for me to pick it up at the Performance Center. E9x M3s and F25 X3s go well together!
sounds great! I was going to do the Performance Center delivery but can't travel so much in a two month period w/out affecting the trackday funds as much
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
4
Rep
242
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

I wish PCD were available to Canadian customers too. I know that the export rules for the US and import rules for Canada make it a bit difficult, but I wish we could have something like the European delivery arranged: pick it up, drive it for a while, drop it off and see it at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
tuco44
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
15
Rep
1,594
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E82 135i MSport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Western Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijioben View Post
I wish PCD were available to Canadian customers too. I know that the export rules for the US and import rules for Canada make it a bit difficult, but I wish we could have something like the European delivery arranged: pick it up, drive it for a while, drop it off and see it at the dealership.
Agree, it would be neat to do that. Particularly since we could drive the car home then.
__________________
2012 135i E82 MSport 6MT Jet Black

Previous BMWs - 2012 135i MSport LMB DCT(sold), 2011 X3 35i MSport VR (sold), 2009 M3 Sedan AW (sold), 2008 535xi MSport AW (sold), 2007 328xiT Barbera (sold), plus 11 others in the 70s & 80s.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #17
Max3Factor
Private First Class
Max3Factor's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: X3 xDrive20d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK, S.E. London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyungy89 View Post
Wow.
I guess X3's are really fast!
I hope I get mine as fast as some of you guys out there
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!! (Rant aimed at BMW not you lucky guys).

Max3
__________________
X3 xDrive20d M Sport, Space Grey, Black Nevada, Auto, 18" 368M, Xenons, Servotronic, Bootlid powered, Sun glass, Mirrors folding, Extd Storage, Media Pro, Mobile Apps, DAB, Business Sound, BMW Service Inc.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #18
Mako
2000 M Roadster (sold), 2006 M Coupe (sold)
United_States
42
Rep
1,336
Posts

 
Drives: '12 X3 35i M Spt '13 335 M Spt
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max3Factor View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!! (Rant aimed at BMW not you lucky guys).

Max3
hey now, for years Europe always got their BMWs alot faster than the US, its nice to have that reversed for a change And you guys get Diesels!!! wish we could get those here (even though they are built here, the cars with diesel engines that is).

I wonder if that is the major reason the UK has such long wait times, they are only building X amount of Diesels per day (say 10% of production) and the rest are all gas (petrol) engines.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
Max3Factor
Private First Class
Max3Factor's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: X3 xDrive20d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK, S.E. London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
And you guys get Diesels!!!
I'd take a gas car for a quick delivery as long as the wheel was on the proper side. I'm low mileage so not much in it for me.
__________________
X3 xDrive20d M Sport, Space Grey, Black Nevada, Auto, 18" 368M, Xenons, Servotronic, Bootlid powered, Sun glass, Mirrors folding, Extd Storage, Media Pro, Mobile Apps, DAB, Business Sound, BMW Service Inc.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #20
cmk227
Major
cmk227's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,333
Posts

 
Drives: Goal: ED on 2015 M6GC
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Irving, TX & Northern England

iTrader: (2)

Anyone can provide info on pricing.

Invoice + Margin
MSRP - discount

Looking into buying one for the wife and need to get an idea or estimate.
__________________

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #21
stlgirl
Private
United_States
2
Rep
90
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 28i X3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saint Louis MO

iTrader: (0)

took right around a month to get mine
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
662
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Ordering tomorrow with an "Auto Nation" Dealer. Los Angeles area. End of May!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST