BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » My X3 Build

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
I have ordered the pro media, but also ordered, Telephone USB audio interface. I thought this was the USB in the glove box. Maybe did'nt need this ??.
If you can tell me what you think the Telephone USB audio interface does, I'll tell you if I can do it with pro nav and no Telephone USB audio interface. It's a mystery to me
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #24
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I think (in the UK at least) the USB socket in the glove box is only for pro nav because it's there to upload data to the hard drive.
This makes sense.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #25
flash3
Captain
 
Drives: X3 28i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Guys,

If I am adding the Power Tailgate option as part of the Conv Pkg or separate, will it allow me to open the tailgate from the remote key fob (standard key fob) or do I need to also add the comfort access option key fob to be able to do this?

If the ONLY thing the comfort access option is for is to open the door w/o pressing a button and only that, I can def live w/o that. But if that feature allows me to open the tailgate from that particular remote, that I guess I'll need it.

Last edited by flash3; 03-15-2011 at 02:38 PM.
flash3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #26
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (0)

I think the remote will open the tailgate w/o comfort access. I have comfort access, so cannot be 100% certain, but there's a button for it right on the remote.

Comfort access is, however, an wonderful option.
__________________
Nahoa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
flash3
Captain
 
Drives: X3 28i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I think the remote will open the tailgate w/o comfort access. I have comfort access, so cannot be 100% certain, but there's a button for it right on the remote.

Comfort access is, however, an wonderful option.
I'll have to see if someone else w/o the Conv Pkg chimes in on that.

But is the ONLY thing the comfort access option for is to open the door w/o pressing a button and only that?
flash3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #28
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (0)

Opening, locking with a touch, and not having to insert the key anywhere to start. For me, it's wonderful and a must-have. Can't go back!
__________________
Nahoa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #29
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Without CA you can:
Operate car without putting a key in the ignition.
Open the tailgate with the remote.
Lock/unlock doors using the buttons on the fob.

With CA you can do the following AND:
Unlock car by touching the handle.

That's about it.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #30
flash3
Captain
 
Drives: X3 28i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
Without CA you can:
Operate car without putting a key in the ignition.
Open the tailgate with the remote.
Lock/unlock doors using the buttons on the fob.

With CA you can do the following AND:
Unlock car by touching the handle.

That's about it.
This sets it for me. Thanks MA!

I can live w/o the comfort access as long as I still have the start - stop button in the car.
flash3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #31
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
This sets it for me. Thanks MA!

I can live w/o the comfort access as long as I still have the start - stop button in the car.
Spend that money elsewhere!
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #32
ho11ywood45
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 X3 -- Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
Spend that money elsewhere!
Panoramic moonroof! ... Almost as much as the Convenience Package
ho11ywood45 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #33
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11ywood45 View Post
Panoramic moonroof! ... Almost as much as the Convenience Package
Eh. I'm done with moon roofs. I don't spend enough time looking straight up to make it worth it.

And in Portland it would be a total waste.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #34
ho11ywood45
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 X3 -- Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

I love it... my fiancé hates it

Needless to say, our X3 on order is lacking a moonroof.
ho11ywood45 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #35
jsublime
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orlando

Posts: 467
iTrader: (0)

The case for Conv Pkg:

To many of us, the money spent on CA may seem like a waste for just being able to touch the door to unlock. You certainly got more for your money when it also gave keyless start. As someone stated, you can just reach in your pocket and press the button to unlock. What I have learned is that since this is the wife's car, CA is a must. The wife cannot just "reach in her pocket" and unlock the doors. The keys are usually lost somewhere in the black hole that is a woman's purse. Have you ever waited for your wife / gf to find something in her purse? CA is a must.

As for the power tailgate, I've seen a few reviews on here that mention they wish they would have got that option as the door is "heavy". So again, as this vehicle is for the little lady, this option is probably a must.

Xenons are a must for everybody. Nothing else to say about that. If you get a base model with only one option, get the xenons. You can add aftermarket, wheels, nav, etc. but it's very difficult to upgrade this.
__________________
jsublime is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #36
flash3
Captain
 
Drives: X3 28i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
Spend that money elsewhere!
Yeah. I'm tempted to get the Pro Stereo Upgrade, but how bad is the Standard going to be if I am comparing it to a Toyota/Nissan that I drive now?

The Toyota/Nissan upgrade has to be equivlent to BMW's standard?

- Heated steering wheel seems likely but do I need it is the question in NC/SC?

- Heated seats? I am more than likely leaving these out.

- Smartphone Integration? I saw it a few weeks back as an option but don't see it now. What is it, per say? IDK.
flash3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #37
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsublime View Post
The case for Conv Pkg:

To many of us, the money spent on CA may seem like a waste for just being able to touch the door to unlock. You certainly got more for your money when it also gave keyless start. As someone stated, you can just reach in your pocket and press the button to unlock. What I have learned is that since this is the wife's car, CA is a must. The wife cannot just "reach in her pocket" and unlock the doors. The keys are usually lost somewhere in the black hole that is a woman's purse. Have you ever waited for your wife / gf to find something in her purse? CA is a must.

As for the power tailgate, I've seen a few reviews on here that mention they wish they would have got that option as the door is "heavy". So again, as this vehicle is for the little lady, this option is probably a must.

Xenons are a must for everybody. Nothing else to say about that. If you get a base model with only one option, get the xenons. You can add aftermarket, wheels, nav, etc. but it's very difficult to upgrade this.
Moral of the story; Comfort Access is for women.

Agreed!

MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #38
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
Yeah. I'm tempted to get the Pro Stereo Upgrade, but how bad is the Standard going to be if I am comparing it to a Toyota/Nissan that I drive now?

The Toyota/Nissan upgrade has to be equivlent to BMW's standard?

- Heated steering wheel seems likely but do I need it is the question in NC/SC?

- Heated seats? I am more than likely leaving these out.

- Smartphone Integration? I saw it a few weeks back as an option but don't see it now. What is it, per say? IDK.
I don't know about the stereo. I'm not that picky so I'm not the person to ask. I usually listed to NPR or books in the car.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #39
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11ywood45 View Post
I love it... my fiancé hates it

Needless to say, our X3 on order is lacking a moonroof.
Crikey, if the fiance gets the final vote before your married then it could be a long stretch
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #40
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Not that it really matters in this PC world but out of interest do we mean fiancé or fiancée here?!

Ironically mrs sfax persuaded me to add the sunroof to my order
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #41
ho11ywood45
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 X3 -- Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Crikey, if the fiance gets the final vote before your married then it could be a long stretch
Happy wife ... happy life.
ho11ywood45 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #42
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
 
AJWilson's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fife, UK

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11ywood45 View Post
Happy wife ... happy life.
Could'nt agree more, My other half insisted on most options
__________________
BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
AJWilson is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #43
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11ywood45 View Post
Happy wife ... happy life.
You aint married yet..... make the most of your freedom
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #44
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
Without CA you can:
Operate car without putting a key in the ignition.
Open the tailgate with the remote.
Lock/unlock doors using the buttons on the fob.

With CA you can do the following AND:
Unlock car by touching the handle.

That's about it.
Slight correction, from my experience: with CA you can lock/unlock the car by touching the handle (not just unlock); and lock the car by pushing an additional button on the tailgate (without CA you can close the tailgate, but not lock the car).

Each of us can decide if CA is for them. I went for it and I like it a lot: it was bundled in the premium package.
jijioben is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST