BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » UK Orders

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #1233
X3_About_Time
New Member
 
Drives: X3 (F25)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: IOM

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
plob troggy1969 x3_about_time: post whether you are able to find and track your X3s across the Atlantic on the WW website (if you get bored waiting)
I have only been given a chassis number beginning with L (+6 digits) so I don't know what WBAW.... to prefix it with. I tried WBAWY32020, WBAWY31040 and WBAWY32070 but 'No records found'. Maybe mine is not on a boat yet. The latest WW schedule is shown below. I could be on the Valentine's Day departure (INTEGRITY). I'll keep checking.
Attached Images
 
__________________
X3 20d SE, Manual, Mineral Silver, Black Nevada, Xenons, Sunroof, sun protection, folding mirrors, Fineline wave.
X3_About_Time is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #1234
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3_About_Time View Post
I have only been given a chassis number beginning with L (+6 digits) so I don't know what WBAW.... to prefix it with. I tried WBAWY32020, WBAWY31040 and WBAWY32070 but 'No records found'. Maybe mine is not on a boat yet. The latest WW schedule is shown below. I could be on the Valentine's Day departure (INTEGRITY). I'll keep checking.
You'll need the full VIN to trace and you have the L- part your dealer already knows the full VIN and will give it to you if you ask him.

I was going to see if mrs sfax wanted to spend last Valentine's Day at Southampton Docks watching my X3 come off the ship but thought better of it
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #1235
Rainbow_007
New Member
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D (2012)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US -->EU

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Ordered my x3 in late November and just heard from the dealer that the chassis number is available and my SAV may be available for pickup by end of March. I know the order tracking isn't availble for UK orders through bmw web site but is there a way to find out perhaps by comparing the timeline with others..
Rainbow_007 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #1236
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

yes, see first page of this thread for timeline and how to track on a ship

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...97&postcount=1
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #1237
QTPie
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Ordered today (probably easier to say what it DOESN'T include!):

X3 2.0D (UK)

Space Grey
Black Leather
Aluminium interior trim
Standard 17" wheels but with RFT
Automatic Gear Box

Media Package - Professional Multimedia
(609, 612, 616, 6NL)
Cold Weather Package
(248, 465, 494, 496)
Access Package
(316, 322)
Xline Package

Xenon Headlights
VDC
Performance Control
Servotronic Steering
Multi-function Controls for Steering Wheel
Sport seats front
Exterior Mirrors Folding and Dimming
Sun Protection Glass
Rear Sunblinds

Reverse Assist Camera
Bluetooth Phone Prep + Telematics
Telephone USB Audio Interface
Mobile Application Preparation
Internet

Oh and a big luggage compartment mat with sill protector.

Anything that I have forgotten? WOuld have loved a few more bits and pieces, but might be pushing it on top of everything else! And not sure that I can justify "larger prettier wheels and a titanium front grill".... (as much as I would like them!)

No EDD yet, but dealer says to expect six months (so mid-August). Anyone ordered a 2.0D (UK) in the past few weeks and given a closer delivery date?
QTPie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #1238
tank531
Deckhand
 
tank531's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Coventry - UK

Posts: 389
iTrader: (0)

Welcome, a big options list, plenty to play with when it arrives. The lead times are coming down, you might only have to wait 4-5 months by the time you actually get the keys. At least the wheels option can be added later, if you like, unlike many other options and the price of which is not more than specifying them now either. Albeit the wheel options are hugely over priced for cosmetic gain only.
tank531 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #1239
Rainbow_007
New Member
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D (2012)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US -->EU

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
yes, see first page of this thread for timeline and how to track on a ship

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...97&postcount=1
Thanks sfax

I checked on ww site for my car and the VIN isn't recognized. I guess this means that the car is still in production. was told by dealer yesterday he expects it to arrive in London around 15-20 March. will keep trying on ww site every couple of days to see if any change.

I'm all excited once again after almost 3 months of placing the order all of a sudden I got the VIN this week and things are really starting to move
Rainbow_007 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #1240
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
 
AJWilson's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fife, UK

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow_007 View Post
Thanks sfax

I checked on ww site for my car and the VIN isn't recognized. I guess this means that the car is still in production. was told by dealer yesterday he expects it to arrive in London around 15-20 March. will keep trying on ww site every couple of days to see if any change.

I'm all excited once again after almost 3 months of placing the order all of a sudden I got the VIN this week and things are really starting to move
My X3 could never be found on the ww site but arrived as the dealer predicted. Judging by the dates you have i would say your car is on its way to you.
__________________
BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
AJWilson is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #1241
Rainbow_007
New Member
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D (2012)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US -->EU

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
My X3 could never be found on the ww site but arrived as the dealer predicted. Judging by the dates you have i would say your car is on its way to you.
Thanks AJWilson

Lemme see if I still got money in my account LOL
Rainbow_007 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #1242
QTPie
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
No EDD yet, but dealer says to expect six months (so mid-August). Anyone ordered a 2.0D (UK) in the past few weeks and given a closer delivery date?
Just an update....

UK 2.0D SE order finalised (deposit paid and contarct signed) all on 16/02/12 (yesterday), the dealer now expects delivery "in June": so a 4 to 4.5 month wait from order to delivery at the dealer. That is better than the 6 month forecast that I was given (by the dealer) on Saturday.

Fingers crossed...

QT
QTPie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #1243
Gossy
New Member
 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
Just an update....

UK 2.0D SE order finalised (deposit paid and contarct signed) all on 16/02/12 (yesterday), the dealer now expects delivery "in June": so a 4 to 4.5 month wait from order to delivery at the dealer. That is better than the 6 month forecast that I was given (by the dealer) on Saturday.

Fingers crossed...

QT
It's a also a whole lot better than my mid march - end of November delivery, but well worth the wait .

Just make sure you understand that the options you choose will actually do what you want them to do ie Bluetooth
__________________
2.0 SE, Oyster Leather, camera with top view, sports seats - heated, Bluetooth, auto box
Gossy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #1244
dnw
First Lieutenant
 
dnw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 F13 M6 / 2014 520d MS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kent, UK

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Mine looks like being exactly 6 months - ordered 30th October, delivery w/c 30th April.

Its 4 weeks until build on Monday, which seems to be the usual window for it coming forward, if at all, so fingers crossed but not betting on it!
__________________
2015 M6 Coupe, San Marino Blue & Opal White Individual Full Leather
dnw is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #1245
plob
Private
 
Drives: 650i GC
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest, darkest Cheshire

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Nice spec QT
Hope the wait passes quickly.

When I was choosing my specification, I also chose a lot of extras (like sports seats, variable steering etc). After posting on this site, I received lots of useful information from others who had gone through the same process. As a result of these posts, I changed from an SE to an M Sport model. It was pointed out that the price differential was just about absorbed because many of the options I had chosen to add to the SE were included in the M Sport anyway.

For example, in your case it would include the following options you chose:-
Aluminium interior trim - 255
Run flat tyres - 205 (and you get the 18" wheels too)
You wouldn't need the Xline Package (subtract 490)
Performance Control / Servotronic Steering - 380
Sport seats front - 440

The difference between the 20d SE and M Sport is 2695. The above options make up for 1770 of that amount. So, an M Sport would still be 925 more but you also get other features not available on the SE.

It's your choice of course - the SE is a great looking car. I just wanted to make sure you'd taken this into consideration - because I hadn't

Last edited by plob; 02-18-2012 at 06:16 AM.
plob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #1246
QTPie
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossy View Post
Justt make sure you understand that the options you choose will actually do what you want them to do ie Bluetooth
I HOPE that I have it covered - seem to have every technology/bluetooth/apps option available selected....
QTPie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #1247
QTPie
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plob View Post
Nice spec QT
Hope the wait passes quickly.

When I was choosing my specification, I also chose a lot of extras (like sports seats, variable steering etc). After posting on this site, I received lots of useful information from others who had gone through the same process. As a result of these posts, I changed from an SE to an M Sport model. It was pointed out that the price differential was just about absorbed because many of the options I had chosen to add to the SE were included in the M Sport anyway.

For example, in your case it would include the following options you chose:-
Aluminium interior trim - 255
Run flat tyres - 205 (and you get the 18" wheels too)
You wouldn't need the Xline Package (subtract 490)
Performance Control / Servotronic Steering - 380
Sport seats front - 440

The difference between the 20d SE and M Sport is 2695. The above options make up for 1770 of that amount. So, an M Sport would still be 925 more but you also get other features not available on the SE.

It's your choice of course - the SE is a great looking car. I just wanted to make sure you'd taken this into consideration - because I hadn't
Thanks Plob, I did look at it (don't think that the 2.0 M Sport includes the servotronic steering, although does include the PC), but not sure that I can justify the extra cost (even thought the wheels and extras would be nice....). If I didn't mind sports suspension, though, and dropped the VDC.... I could go for the M Sport OR I could go for the dynamic package on the SE (and get the nice wheels)...

Oh....
QTPie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #1248
dnw
First Lieutenant
 
dnw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 F13 M6 / 2014 520d MS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kent, UK

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
If I didn't mind sports suspension, though, and dropped the VDC.... I could go for the M Sport OR I could go for the dynamic package on the SE (and get the nice wheels)...
Two more things to consider: you can delete the M Sport Suspension at no cost (I have done this and it is quite common) but more importantly you will get more money back come resale/trade time. Adding thousands of pounds of options will have little affect on resale value (other than heated seats and pro nav it seems!) but adding what in the UK is considered a higher trim level (M Sport - oddly enough this is a package in other markets) should like-for-like recoup more.
__________________
2015 M6 Coupe, San Marino Blue & Opal White Individual Full Leather
dnw is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #1249
QTPie
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
Two more things to consider: you can delete the M Sport Suspension at no cost (I have done this and it is quite common) but more importantly you will get more money back come resale/trade time. Adding thousands of pounds of options will have little affect on resale value (other than heated seats and pro nav it seems!) but adding what in the UK is considered a higher trim level (M Sport - oddly enough this is a package in other markets) should like-for-like recoup more.
Hmmmm.... Will look at M Sport again....

Main question would be:
- sports suspension, or
- deleted sports suspension...
- (not sure that I could justify VDC too ).

QT
QTPie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #1250
dnw
First Lieutenant
 
dnw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 F13 M6 / 2014 520d MS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kent, UK

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

...or better still trim back on a lot of options and get the 30d. It will be waaaay more fun
__________________
2015 M6 Coupe, San Marino Blue & Opal White Individual Full Leather
dnw is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #1251
QTPie
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
...or better still trim back on a lot of options and get the 30d. It will be waaaay more fun
I would LOVE a 3.0D, but don't want to trim the options...
QTPie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #1252
plob
Private
 
Drives: 650i GC
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest, darkest Cheshire

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
Hmmmm.... Will look at M Sport again....

Main question would be:
- sports suspension, or
- deleted sports suspension...
- (not sure that I could justify VDC too ).

QT
I got the VDC option - which automatically deletes the sports suspension. With the VDC option, you can use the 'sport' setting to get that suspension feel when you want - or have 'comfy' suspnsion otherwise.
Please note that there is lots of othr discussion on this forum about just what happens to the suspension in normal (possibly known as comfort) mode
plob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #1253
X35D For Me
Private
 
X35D For Me's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 35D M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bristol UK

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
I would LOVE a 3.0D, but don't want to trim the options...
I would change the order from SE to M Sport, ditch the VDC and go for M Sport deletion like I did and the ride is then absolutely fine (unlike it is with the sport suspension fitted!). I would also agree that it would be better to save on a couple of the options and put the savings towards a 3.0D. You'll probably find it will then arrive quicker. My 35D was ordered in November and I got it on 11 January.
__________________
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
X35D For Me is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #1254
Rogerbu
Private
 
Drives: X3 3.0D M Sport, Alpine White
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Portsmouth, UK

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

When I test drove an early F25 I noticed that the Pro Nav System couldn't handle the full Uk (7 digit) Post Code.

The Salesman promised that MY2012 F25s handle full UK Post Code.

Can anyone confirm that MY2012 F25s do understand all 7 digits of the UK Post Code?

Thanks
Rogerbu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST