BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » UK Orders

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #67
TuffLittleUnit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
5
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A4 repmobile
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leeds, UK

iTrader: (0)

Here's the yin yang effect... I contacted my company car supplier today for an update and they told me they haven't actually placed a successful order with BMW yet and it will be the end of next week before they can do so. WTF? It's only 6 weeks since I first placed the order with them

I'm tempted to give in, opt out of the scheme and go buy a big gas guzzling second hand X5 or something.
__________________
X3 xDrive20d SE Auto Space Grey/Oyster, Cold weather pack, Business speakers , Electric lumbar , Voice control + Bluetooth prep. GONE - now in Audi A4 loaner.
Ordered: X3 xDrive20d SE Auto Melbourne Red/Black, Advanced speakers, Media Pro, Sports seats, Heated steering wheel, Heated rear seats, Electric lumbar, Reversing camera, Bi-Xenon headlights & headlight washers, Style 305 wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #68
X3buyerScotland
Lieutenant
15
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 3.0d SE F25 & loving it
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Evil outcome. My order of last week confirmed as build wk 28 for del 6wks later.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #69
BIMMER UK 76
Major
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
United Kingdom
17
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Here's the yin yang effect... I contacted my company car supplier today for an update and they told me they haven't actually placed a successful order with BMW yet and it will be the end of next week before they can do so. WTF? It's only 6 weeks since I first placed the order with them

I'm tempted to give in, opt out of the scheme and go buy a big gas guzzling second hand X5 or something.
6 weeks, that would piss me right off
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #70
X3buyerScotland
Lieutenant
15
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 3.0d SE F25 & loving it
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Tuff IF you revolt, you might find a smaller dealer with even some July slots but bigger UK dealers are quoting delivery into Sept now so brace yourself. PM me if you need help. Cooldude gave me some great advice, which saved me 3k.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #71
washy
Second Lieutenant
washy's Avatar
United Kingdom
6
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: M235i/F56 MINI Cooper S
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Hi my first post here.
I test drove an X3 last December with a view to replacing my wife's 125i with one. Didn't bother placing an order at the time as I was unsure if I wanted to wait for the M sport version or not and then my car got written off so had to sort that out.
Anyway got back to thinking about the X3 today so called my dealer only to be told that they are now out to September.

So now wondering if I want to wait that long...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #72
BIMMER UK 76
Major
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
United Kingdom
17
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
Hi my first post here.
I test drove an X3 last December with a view to replacing my wife's 125i with one. Didn't bother placing an order at the time as I was unsure if I wanted to wait for the M sport version or not and then my car got written off so had to sort that out.
Anyway got back to thinking about the X3 today so called my dealer only to be told that they are now out to September.

So now wondering if I want to wait that long...
Long wait and tough decision (Audo Q5 has similat lead time)

The X3 gets good reviews, I think probably worth the wait if you can
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #73
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,853
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

You've touched up your signature Bimmer!

That 6 weeks and still no order even placed is just taking the p!ss.

The delivery estimate of 6 weeks after the build week delivery fits with my order (10/1/2011 - 21/02/2011)
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #74
BIMMER UK 76
Major
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
United Kingdom
17
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You've touched up your signature Bimmer!
And a new avatar, keep up!
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #75
washy
Second Lieutenant
washy's Avatar
United Kingdom
6
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: M235i/F56 MINI Cooper S
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Long wait and tough decision (Audo Q5 has similat lead time)

The X3 gets good reviews, I think probably worth the wait if you can
No reason why I couldn't wait other than impatience. I am going in to see the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully another test drive will seal the deal.

Mind you am still torn on the M Sport issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #76
BIMMER UK 76
Major
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
United Kingdom
17
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
No reason why I couldn't wait other than impatience. I am going in to see the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully another test drive will seal the deal.

Mind you am still torn on the M Sport issue.
Got myself another test drive tomorrow in the SE just to keep me going until delivery, let us know how you get on
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #77
washy
Second Lieutenant
washy's Avatar
United Kingdom
6
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: M235i/F56 MINI Cooper S
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Got myself another test drive tomorrow in the SE just to keep me going until delivery, let us know how you get on
Will do.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #78
washy
Second Lieutenant
washy's Avatar
United Kingdom
6
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: M235i/F56 MINI Cooper S
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

The long wait begins...
In the end decided that it would be worth waiting for and have ordered a 2.0d. At the moment the spec is sketchy, but we have plenty of time to firm it up
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #79
BIMMER UK 76
Major
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
United Kingdom
17
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
The long wait begins...
In the end decided that it would be worth waiting for and have ordered a 2.0d. At the moment the spec is sketchy, but we have plenty of time to firm it up
Congrats

Went for my own test drive today but the useless morons double booked the slot
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #80
washy
Second Lieutenant
washy's Avatar
United Kingdom
6
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: M235i/F56 MINI Cooper S
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Congrats

Went for my own test drive today but the useless morons double booked the slot
Typical. Must admit my test drive was shorter than I wanted, but was long enough to make my mind up.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #81
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,853
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Added to timeline on first post
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #82
julesjen
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X1
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: great britain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Added to timeline on first post
hi sfax,just got the call from my dealer ,car will be ready to pick up on tues 22nd they get delivery on 21st.Hope you get same call today.must have arrived on the Elektra yesterday ,was never able to track it on WWL website,still shows as no records found.But don,t care now that i,ve got a firm date for collection.Could be we both end up getting cars on same day ,i hope so for you
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #83
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,853
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesjen View Post
hi sfax,just got the call from my dealer ,car will be ready to pick up on tues 22nd they get delivery on 21st.Hope you get same call today.must have arrived on the Elektra yesterday ,was never able to track it on WWL website,still shows as no records found.But don,t care now that i,ve got a firm date for collection.Could be we both end up getting cars on same day ,i hope so for you
Great news julesjen! Looks like the VIN tracking is a bit hit and miss or they logged the wrong VIN or something. Thanks for letting me know re. the dates. If it's the same for me, that only leaves me only two days in Feb that I could pick up and I'm working in London on both days. Not sure that will go down well with the dealer but Feb 22 'aint early Feb and I kept the first 2 weekends in Feb free especially . I'll await my call....

On a side note, would be good to see if the VIN they gave you matches the V5. If it does, I'll add a big caveat to this thread!
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #84
BIMMER UK 76
Major
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
United Kingdom
17
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Great news julesjen! Looks like the VIN tracking is a bit hit and miss or they logged the wrong VIN or something. Thanks for letting me know re. the dates. If it's the same for me, that only leaves me only two days in Feb that I could pick up and I'm working in London on both days. Not sure that will go down well with the dealer but Feb 22 'aint early Feb and I kept the first 2 weekends in Feb free especially . I'll await my call....

On a side note, would be good to see if the VIN they gave you matches the V5. If it does, I'll add a big caveat to this thread!
Sfax, I can pick it up for you
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #85
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,853
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

No worries, you can run the engine in for me over the weekend and then leave it on the driveway and post the keys through the letterbox on the Monday
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #86
Rcluff
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Warwick uk

iTrader: (0)

At long last the baby has arrived!!

Seems like an age but just got confirmed that it's arrived at the dealers!! Must have been on the ship that arrived on the 14th. I couldn't find my VN on the tracker either so must be hit
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #87
sfax
Brigadier General
sfax's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,853
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcluff View Post
Seems like an age but just got confirmed that it's arrived at the dealers!! Must have been on the ship that arrived on the 14th. I couldn't find my VN on the tracker either so must be hit
and miss?

That's 3 forum members with their X3s all on the Elektra so far but only my VIN worked.

Or maybe it didn't and I made it all up......
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #88
julesjen
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X1
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: great britain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
and miss?

That's 3 forum members with their X3s all on the Elektra so far but only my VIN worked.

Or maybe it didn't and I made it all up......
hi sfax ,have you heard anything yet?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST