BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Updated M Sport Package for Canada

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Nick27
New Member
 
Drives: X3 35i M Sport Space Grey
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Updated M Sport Package for Canada

My dealer just gave me a m sport package spec sheet.

M Sport Package content includes:

• 19” M alloy wheels with all-season run-flat tires
• Sport automatic transmission with steering wheel shift paddles
• Standard suspension
• Anthracite roof liner
• Black high gloss roof rails
• Brushed aluminum trim
• High gloss shadow line
• High speed tuning (increases top speed to 240km/h)
• M aerodynamic package
• M door sills and M driver’s footrest in stainless steel
• M leather steering wheel
• Performance Control
• Sport seats
Please note that Variable Sport Steering will not be included in the M Sport Package as previously communicated.

Proof the regular Sport Package is dicontinued

ZNK - Sport Package (X3 xDrive35i)
• Deleted as of April production due to launch of M Sport Package
• 19” wheel – Style 309 from package ZNK will be released as stand-alone option 2A1 with standard width
all-season runflat tires ($1,000 MSRP)
ZOX – BMW Apps
• Available as of April production on both X3 models ($300 MSRP)
• Must be ordered with Technology Package (ZNE)
• Please refer to PB 2011MY All-08 – BMW Apps for product
Nick27 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Nick27
New Member
 
Drives: X3 35i M Sport Space Grey
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

All Season tires are now confirmed.
Nick27 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
CdnE90
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335i, 11 X3 x35 (on order)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick27 View Post
My dealer just gave me a m sport package spec sheet.

M Sport Package content includes:

• 19” M alloy wheels with all-season run-flat tires
• Sport automatic transmission with steering wheel shift paddles
• Standard suspension
• Anthracite roof liner
• Black high gloss roof rails
• Brushed aluminum trim
• High gloss shadow line
• High speed tuning (increases top speed to 240km/h)
• M aerodynamic package
• M door sills and M driver’s footrest in stainless steel
• M leather steering wheel
• Performance Control
• Sport seats
Please note that Variable Sport Steering will not be included in the M Sport Package as previously communicated.

Proof the regular Sport Package is dicontinued

ZNK - Sport Package (X3 xDrive35i)
• Deleted as of April production due to launch of M Sport Package
• 19” wheel – Style 309 from package ZNK will be released as stand-alone option 2A1 with standard width
all-season runflat tires ($1,000 MSRP)
ZOX – BMW Apps
• Available as of April production on both X3 models ($300 MSRP)
• Must be ordered with Technology Package (ZNE)
• Please refer to PB 2011MY All-08 – BMW Apps for product
Interesting! I have just ordered today my X3 with regular Sport Package. I wonder if my SA will come back to me shortly and tell me that she can't order this.
CdnE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
MA78
TK-421
 
MA78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick27 View Post
My dealer just gave me a m sport package spec sheet.

M Sport Package content includes:

Β• 19Β” M alloy wheels with all-season run-flat tires
Β• Sport automatic transmission with steering wheel shift paddles
Β• Standard suspension
Β• Anthracite roof liner
Β• Black high gloss roof rails
Β• Brushed aluminum trim
Β• High gloss shadow line
Β• High speed tuning (increases top speed to 240km/h)
Β• M aerodynamic package
Β• M door sills and M driverΒ’s footrest in stainless steel
Β• M leather steering wheel
Β• Performance Control
Β• Sport seats
Please note that Variable Sport Steering will not be included in the M Sport Package as previously communicated.

Proof the regular Sport Package is dicontinued

ZNK - Sport Package (X3 xDrive35i)
Β• Deleted as of April production due to launch of M Sport Package
Β• 19Β” wheel Β– Style 309 from package ZNK will be released as stand-alone option 2A1 with standard width
all-season runflat tires ($1,000 MSRP)
ZOX Β– BMW Apps
Β• Available as of April production on both X3 models ($300 MSRP)
Β• Must be ordered with Technology Package (ZNE)
Β• Please refer to PB 2011MY All-08 Β– BMW Apps for product
Doubt this will be true for US spec X3s. If so, glad I got mine early. The body kit would have been a deal breaker.
MA78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
PPonU
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 X3 M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Any mention of the cloth/leather seats or are they full leather?
PPonU is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
tuco44
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 E82 135i MSport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Western Canada

Posts: 1,594
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPonU View Post
Any mention of the cloth/leather seats or are they full leather?
Seats will be as you order them, not part of MSport pkg.
__________________
2012 135i E82 MSport 6MT Jet Black

Previous BMWs - 2012 135i MSport LMB DCT(sold), 2011 X3 35i MSport VR (sold), 2009 M3 Sedan AW (sold), 2008 535xi MSport AW (sold), 2007 328xiT Barbera (sold), plus 11 others in the 70s & 80s.
tuco44 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2011, 02:52 AM   #7
CdnE90
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335i, 11 X3 x35 (on order)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

Any indication of price? The regular sport package was $1800. How much more am I going to have to spend to get the M sport?

I might just go with the stand-alone 309 wheel option, as I really like the look of the staggered wheels. The sport seats I can probably live without.
CdnE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #8
Nick27
New Member
 
Drives: X3 35i M Sport Space Grey
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnE90 View Post
Any indication of price? The regular sport package was $1800. How much more am I going to have to spend to get the M sport?

I might just go with the stand-alone 309 wheel option, as I really like the look of the staggered wheels. The sport seats I can probably live without.
The m sport package is $2,900
Nick27 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
roders
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Perth, WA, Australia

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to roders
Msport for Australia is $3000AUD. But the is a * on our specs.
*"Paddle Shift not for Australia" ....... nooooo whyyyyyyy
roders is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
haldol
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2015 X3 MSport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

"Variable Sport Steering will not be included".

What are we missing here?
What's that option exactly?
haldol is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #11
roders
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Perth, WA, Australia

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to roders
Here are the specs for Australian Msport :

*Cloth/Leather "PearlPoint" upholstery for 20D Models, 28i&30d stay with Dakota leather
*18" M light alloy, styling 368M with 8jx18 245/50 RunFlat tyres
*Sports suspension settings
*Variable Sports Steering (for 28i & 30d)
*Performance Control
*BMW individual roof rails in high gloss shadow line
*Sport Seats with electric memory function
*Interior trim in Fine Brushed Aluminium (no extra cost)
*M leather steering wheel
*M Aerodynamics package (bodykit)
*BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line
*BMW Individual roof liner anthracite?
*Door sill finishers with M designation
*Exhaust tailpipe embellisher in chrome
roders is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #12
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldol View Post
"Variable Sport Steering will not be included".

What are we missing here?
What's that option exactly?
VSS allows you to change the tightness of the steering from Normal to Sport and Sport +. It also includes Servotronic steering (which makes it easier to turn the wheel at low speeds and enhances stability at higher speeds)

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...rvotronic.html
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #13
mcmasman
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 BMW X3 2.0D msport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Norway

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
VSS allows you to change the tightness of the steering from Normal to Sport and Sport +. It also includes Servotronic steering (which makes it easier to turn the wheel at low speeds and enhances stability at higher speeds)

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...rvotronic.html
Sfax, usually you are right on the money, but are you sure Variable Sport Steering (2VL) gives user control between Normal to Sport and Sport+??

Your description above sounds a lot like 223 Dynamic Damper Control.

Additional note:

2VL Variable Sport Steering must be ordered with 216 Servotronic and 2VG Performance Control

223 Dynamic Damper Control must be ordered with 2VG Performance Control and not with 226 Sports Suspension
mcmasman is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
CdnE90
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335i, 11 X3 x35 (on order)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

It's confirmed. My SA confirmed that my order has been put in, but without the sports package as it is discontinued. Now I have to decide if I want the M Sports or just the wheels.
CdnE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #15
perto
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW X3 F25, Moto Guzzi
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Norway

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmasman View Post
Sfax, usually you are right on the money, but are you sure Variable Sport Steering (2VL) gives user control between Normal to Sport and Sport+??

Your description above sounds a lot like 223 Dynamic Damper Control.

Additional note:

2VL Variable Sport Steering must be ordered with 216 Servotronic and 2VG Performance Control

223 Dynamic Damper Control must be ordered with 2VG Performance Control and not with 226 Sports Suspension
Sfax got it right, Variable sports steering change steering response while you change from Normal to sport/sport+. VDC and VSS it's a must, it's a big different from have a car without it.
perto is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #16
CdnE90
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335i, 11 X3 x35 (on order)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldol View Post
"Variable Sport Steering will not be included".

What are we missing here?
What's that option exactly?
+1

I just got the new Canadian options from my SA, and there are no packages that include, or a standalone option for, VSS. The dynamic package just has damper control and performance control, although it states that it includes "dynamic driving control modes (normal, sport, sport+). And as stated above, the M Sport pkg doesn't have it either.
CdnE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (1)

I've also been told that no sport suspension until August build.

And, I was told that M-Sport would have summer tires. I'm going to put my order in on Saturday so I'll confirm at that point.
__________________
2014 EBII 435i xDrive M-sport
Gone: 2011 TiAg F25 X3 xDrive35i M-sport
Gone: 2008 TiAg w/Coral Red E88 135i Cab M-sport
warmtoes is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #18
4sure
Private
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport Package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
I've also been told that no sport suspension until August build.

And, I was told that M-Sport would have summer tires. I'm going to put my order in on Saturday so I'll confirm at that point.

Hi, if you put in an order on Saturday when will you get the new car? I'm from vancouver aswell so will be placing my order within the next few weeks for june delivery

Last edited by 4sure; 04-05-2011 at 06:25 PM.
4sure is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #19
tuco44
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 E82 135i MSport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Western Canada

Posts: 1,594
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sure View Post
Hi, if you put in an order on Saturday when will you get the new car? I'm from vancouver aswell so will be placing my order within the next few weeks for june delivery....i still got 1 month finance left with my infiniti
If your dealer has allocation space remaining, you will get that delivery. If he does not have space, you will be much longer than June.
__________________
2012 135i E82 MSport 6MT Jet Black

Previous BMWs - 2012 135i MSport LMB DCT(sold), 2011 X3 35i MSport VR (sold), 2009 M3 Sedan AW (sold), 2008 535xi MSport AW (sold), 2007 328xiT Barbera (sold), plus 11 others in the 70s & 80s.
tuco44 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
canada, dealer info, m sport package

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST