BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » X3 20d M-sport on order! :)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #23
arvid
Private First Class
 
arvid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockholm

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

I have considered oyster but I think itīs more sensitive to "dirt" (?) and I like the lighter interior that includes with beige leather. Maybe youīre right about that oyster or black would fit the msport better. I have black leather in my 135i so I want a change. But now iīm confused again, maybe beige donīt do well with msport...


Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Arvid, have you considered the oyster rather than beige leather?

I have the beige in my 5 series SE but think the oyster looks more sporty and might compliment your m sport better?

Both will look nice with the sienna wood (as does the balck leather)
arvid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvid View Post
I have considered oyster but I think itīs more sensitive to "dirt" (?) and I like the lighter interior that includes with beige leather. Maybe youīre right about that oyster or black would fit the msport better. I have black leather in my 135i so I want a change. But now iīm confused again, maybe beige donīt do well with msport...
It will look good, dont worry - trust your gut

I have chosen the Oyster as a change from the biege but the biege does look good with black paintwork in my 5 series
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #25
arvid
Private First Class
 
arvid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockholm

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

yeah it aint easy anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktjernstrom View Post
Second that. Color is always a matter of personal taste of course, but I've always found that beige works best with "warm" exterior colors, like green, dark red and similar, whereas "cold" exterior colors like grey, white and black need corresponding interior colors like black, grey etc.

But I'm an interior design buff as well, so don't take it too serious...

Karl
arvid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #26
arvid
Private First Class
 
arvid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockholm

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

Thanks, donīt forget to post pictures of your car when you get it, it will look great

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
It will look good, dont worry - trust your gut

I have chosen the Oyster as a change from the biege but the biege does look good with black paintwork in my 5 series
arvid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #27
ktjernstrom
Private
 
Drives: BMW X3 Xdrive20d 2011
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvid View Post
yeah it aint easy anyway...

What about the red interior? That would probably look really cool, and set your car apart from the more "bland" X3:s, like my white on black...

Karl
ktjernstrom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #28
billy335i
Billybin
 
billy335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i sedan jet black
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine CA.

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Nice!!!
billy335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #29
arvid
Private First Class
 
arvid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockholm

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

Thanks but my wife donīt like the red interior...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktjernstrom View Post
What about the red interior? That would probably look really cool, and set your car apart from the more "bland" X3:s, like my white on black...

Karl
arvid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #30
Mako
2000 M Roadster (sold), 2006 M Coupe (sold)
 
Drives: '12 X3 35i M Spt '13 335 M Spt
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (0)

Wow so 49,000 Kronors is about $7,300 US dollars, that seems insane for the M Package.

It would be $6,000 more than the Sport Activity Package, maybe I am missing something here.
Mako is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #31
arvid
Private First Class
 
arvid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockholm

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

Unfortunately we only have one package in sweden (and m-sport). The car is a bit more expensive in Sweden, the car with my spec is more than 83,000 US dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Wow so 49,000 Kronors is about $7,300 US dollars, that seems insane for the M Package.

It would be $6,000 more than the Sport Activity Package, maybe I am missing something here.
arvid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #32
4sure
Private
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport Package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Hi, Congrats on your new order!!!

Anyone know when the BMW X3 with M-Sport Package will hit Canada?
4sure is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #33
arvid
Private First Class
 
arvid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockholm

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

Thank you!

Sorry donīt know...

/Arvid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sure View Post
Hi, Congrats on your new order!!!

Anyone know when the BMW X3 with M-Sport Package will hit Canada?
arvid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #34
Tsambi
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

On which country web page is the m pack showing as build option . I have tried a few countries and no luck. I have deleted cookies and browser history just in case not picking up new uploads but still no success.
Tsambi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #35
inamik75
Captain
 
inamik75's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 5 series
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

Posts: 776
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsambi View Post
On which country web page is the m pack showing as build option . I have tried a few countries and no luck. I have deleted cookies and browser history just in case not picking up new uploads but still no success.
it was on uk site, looks like they removed it.
inamik75 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #36
acey81
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

Arvid, I'm about to order mine, just waiting to hear back from my dealer regarding the M-sportpackage. It's a bit expensive, but since I had all the options on already, the premium for the M-sport is only somewhere around 18 000 or something like that, which I think will be worth it.

I'm looking at Carbon Black with Oyster. The only thing stopping me is that I can't see one IRL with that combo. Or even an image online...

When will you get yours? And from what dealer?
acey81 is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sure View Post
Hi, Congrats on your new order!!!

Anyone know when the BMW X3 with M-Sport Package will hit Canada?
The Canadian product planning bulletin, issued on Oct 22, 2010 says "available as of April production" - I hope this helps...
jijioben is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #38
4sure
Private
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport Package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijioben View Post
The Canadian product planning bulletin, issued on Oct 22, 2010 says "available as of April production" - I hope this helps...
Thank U!!

Are u planning on getting the M Package aswell?
4sure is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #39
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Not this time - I've maxed out pretty much everything but I'm gunning for a comfort ride so for this time - no M package and no Sport package. Standard (for Canada) 18" wheels and VDC to make the ride as smooth as possible... Even though when my wife rode the test model with no VDC she found it acceptable. If BMW works for us, it'll be the beginning of a beautiful friendship, with many renewals down the road. One of them may be a sportier ride
jijioben is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2011, 07:08 AM   #40
AC888
Private
 
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Smile 3 month's delay for my M-sport

I have changed my order of SE to Msport and the dealer quoted 3 months delay delivery.

Its works out to be only about Ģ600 more than the SE of teh same spec with the addition of brush alu, M-sport styling, chrome exhaust trim... etc which I think is a absolute steal.

Also I don't need to add things line X-line pro anymore as the car looks great as it is.

Msport then works out to be cheaper for me and hopefully, I will also get a little more when it comes to re-sale.

Hope the long wait is worth it!
AC888 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2011, 07:26 AM   #41
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
I have changed my order of SE to Msport and the dealer quoted 3 months delay delivery.

Its works out to be only about Ģ600 more than the SE of teh same spec with the addition of brush alu, M-sport styling, chrome exhaust trim... etc which I think is a absolute steal.

Also I don't need to add things line X-line pro anymore as the car looks great as it is.

Msport then works out to be cheaper for me and hopefully, I will also get a little more when it comes to re-sale.

Hope the long wait is worth it!
I think that's a good decision on balance, and I would probably do the same if ordering now. Would like to see it in the flesh in some more colours though because I'm not completely sold on the side skirts. What will the total wait be if it's delivered on time?
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #42
AC888
Private
 
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I think that's a good decision on balance, and I would probably do the same if ordering now. Would like to see it in the flesh in some more colours though because I'm not completely sold on the side skirts. What will the total wait be if it's delivered on time?

I have seen it in Paris show, I do admit its not a great look car but probably the most efficient, best to drive and cheapest to run car in this section. It does look better in the real compared to the SE as the black plastic on the real bumper is too big IMO. The black side clading should also be a bit chunkier like RR sport ...the list go on.

I will only give it 6/10 in the looks department (7/10 for M-sport), as I think the X5 looks a lot better, but then it's far to big and expensive for my need.

Its certain a best all rounder compared to others, a similar XC60 Rdesign D5 auto will cost more to buy and own, inferior to drive, looks better, dealer network is weaks as most share with Ford.
AC888 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #43
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
I have seen it in Paris show, I do admit its not a great look car but probably the most efficient, best to drive and cheapest to run car in this section. It does look better in the real compared to the SE as the black plastic on the real bumper is too big IMO. The black side clading should also be a bit chunkier like RR sport ...the list go on.

I will only give it 6/10 in the looks department (7/10 for M-sport), as I think the X5 looks a lot better, but then it's far to big and expensive for my need.

Its certain a best all rounder compared to others, a similar XC60 Rdesign D5 auto will cost more to buy and own, inferior to drive, looks better, dealer network is weaks as most share with Ford.
Agree on the X5 looking better but like you said, it's too big and more expensive to buy, insure, tax and run. I think I would also drive an X5 much less efficiently than just the difference in advertised mpg, if you see what I mean!

Are you getting it in white then?
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #44
AC888
Private
 
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Agree on the X5 looking better but like you said, it's too big and more expensive to buy, insure, tax and run. I think I would also drive an X5 much less efficiently than just the difference in advertised mpg, if you see what I mean!

Are you getting it in white then?
White is certainly nice, but it doesn't particularly suit this X3.

I have gone for Space Grey as its the easiest to look after and still looks great IMO. In UK, the weather is too poor and wet for white unless you wash it everyday( then you will leave scratch marks on the surface ), White is more suitable for hotter country like East Asia or some part of USA where the weather is always good.

White colour suits cars with TT, 3 serious coupe or the Evoque much more than X3, I think.
AC888 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST