BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » 2011 BMW X3 Accessories Brochure

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #23
AC888
Private
 
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

ipone integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Still no accessories brochure available on the .co.uk site (dealer says they havent had any yet either) but you can download the brochure from the .com site (see copy attached)

I will order (will post prices when I hear from the dealer)

Titanium Grille (hopefully a DIY fit or it will be expensive)
Chrome Exhaust Trim (definatley a DIY push on fit)
Snap in adaptor for Blackberry
Ipod Cable

Thinking about interior chrome package (maybe too much?)
The iphone integration in the brochure is very good, however, as UK already comes with a 6.5 '' screen, I wonder how this can be fitted?

If they do a Eastern European spec here with a reduced price, then is even better than having a prof media.
AC888 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #24
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Accessories finder on UK site now updated with pricing

See http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/owner/acc...4ubmV0,00.html

Chrome Exhaust Trim 47.50
Titanium Grille 158.00
Intrerior Chrome Package 330.00 (WTF, 6 bits of plastic and some sticky 3M!!!!!)
Rubber Floor Mat set 77.50
Rubber Luggage Mat 75.00
Sports Steering Wheel 345.50 (90 option seems cheap now)
Blackberry Snap in adapter 72.00
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #25
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Intrerior Chrome Package 330.00 (WTF, 6 bits of plastic and some sticky 3M!!!!!)


I agree 100%!

Cheers for the info
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 05:13 AM   #26
Redbhuna
Private
 
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Hi all, newbie here.

I ordered my X3 on November 22nd, expected del. 28th Feb 2011. In Jan I was told it was now June! After some discussions it went to May 16th. Is this normal or is someone taking me for a ride?

Also, when I ordered it I wanted a Sports Steering Wheel but was told I can olny order it with the Sports pack, so I didn't. Since reading this forum I've found it can be ordered now but when I rang the dealer to get it added, they told me it was too late as the spec couldn't be changed! How long does it take to build these cars?

I see its an option on the list shown above but I'm always weary of having the dealer refit a steering wheel as invariably it points at 11 o'clock!

I get the feeling the dealer wants me to cancel the order so they can have the car!

When I can I'll right a new post asking for delivery times from fellow members but until then any stories would be welcome.
Redbhuna is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #27
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Hi all, newbie here.

I ordered my X3 on November 22nd, expected del. 28th Feb 2011. In Jan I was told it was now June! After some discussions it went to May 16th. Is this normal or is someone taking me for a ride?

Also, when I ordered it I wanted a Sports Steering Wheel but was told I can olny order it with the Sports pack, so I didn't. Since reading this forum I've found it can be ordered now but when I rang the dealer to get it added, they told me it was too late as the spec couldn't be changed! How long does it take to build these cars?

I see its an option on the list shown above but I'm always weary of having the dealer refit a steering wheel as invariably it points at 11 o'clock!

I get the feeling the dealer wants me to cancel the order so they can have the car!

When I can I'll right a new post asking for delivery times from fellow members but until then any stories would be welcome.
This is absolute nonsense. You can change your spec until about a week before it goes into production. I know this because I changed mine quite a few times, including a change to add Dynamic Package + 309 alloys rather than just 309s (getting the sports steering wheel, as you are trying to do).

The final change was made two weeks before it went into production, and a week before production started, I tried to add something else and was told I couldn't because it had entered pre-production (or something like that). I think it's when it gets assigned a VIN.
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #28
Redbhuna
Private
 
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Sfax, the dealer says its gone from 1100 to 1200 whatever that means, but it basically prevented them from making any changes. Working in IT, I suggested that if they actually picked up the phone rather than rely on 'Computer says no' then it should be possible. How hard can it be to put a different wheel on a car thats not due until May!
Redbhuna is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Thanks Sfax, the dealer says its gone from 1100 to 1200 whatever that means, but it basically prevented them from making any changes. Working in IT, I suggested that if they actually picked up the phone rather than rely on 'Computer says no' then it should be possible. How hard can it be to put a different wheel on a car thats not due until May!
Not sure on the status numbers but as a guide, mine was supposed to be due early Feb and the "lockdown" on changes happened at the start of Jan. I made changes on about Dec 15, and I think I could have made changes up until Dec 31 based on what was said. If you are 3 months away from the delivery date I don't see how they can say you can't make any changes.

If what they are saying is true you should expect to see it go into production this week and they should already have a VIN for your car. Perhaps that is the case and your delivery estimate is pessimistic? End of production (status departed plant) to delivery date for my order is approx 40 days.
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #30
Redbhuna
Private
 
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

I can only hope that things are happening quicker than anticipated sfax. When is yours due?
Redbhuna is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #31
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
I can only hope that things are happening quicker than anticipated sfax. When is yours due?
Believe it or not, I still don't have a delivery date. I was told early Feb and then nothing. It's still at status "departed plant" on their systems even though I know (I hope) it's now on a ship sailing into Bremerhaven (Germany) because I've been tracking it (see this thread: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ghlight=orders)

It scheduled to arrive in Southampton on Feb 14. I think the dealer will call me then and arrange delivery for a week or two after that.
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #32
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Hi all, newbie here.

I ordered my X3 on November 22nd, expected del. 28th Feb 2011. In Jan I was told it was now June! After some discussions it went to May 16th. Is this normal or is someone taking me for a ride?

Also, when I ordered it I wanted a Sports Steering Wheel but was told I can olny order it with the Sports pack, so I didn't. Since reading this forum I've found it can be ordered now but when I rang the dealer to get it added, they told me it was too late as the spec couldn't be changed! How long does it take to build these cars?

I see its an option on the list shown above but I'm always weary of having the dealer refit a steering wheel as invariably it points at 11 o'clock!

I get the feeling the dealer wants me to cancel the order so they can have the car!

When I can I'll right a new post asking for delivery times from fellow members but until then any stories would be welcome.
Welcome, what spec did you order (colour combo + options)

My dealer had to circumvent the system to add the sports wheel to my order it did take him 5 mins, your dealer is lazy or ill-informed (or both, like most others )

Ordered mine 15th Nov and due 14th April, so your mid May deliver sounds spot on
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #33
Redbhuna
Private
 
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Hi Bimmer UK, I'm sure you're right on the dealer front but I've pushed them on it and they still say it's too late. I'm more cross because it took me to find someone had managed to order it separately on this forum rather than them knowing about it and contacting me. They knew I wanted it. When did you add yours? At the time of order or later on?

Was you told in November it was going to be April?

I've gone for Auto, Mineral Silver, Oyster Leather, std wheels, x-line, heated elec. sports seats, DAB, elec mirrors, extended storage, bluetooth. Didn't go for any media/nav as my iPhone does it all so 2.5k seemed daft!

Didn't want the sports pack that had the s/w in it as I want to move away from Sports Suspension. Not sure my back/teeth can take any more after 5 years in 2 x 1 Series.
Redbhuna is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #34
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Hi Bimmer UK, I'm sure you're right on the dealer front but I've pushed them on it and they still say it's too late. I'm more cross because it took me to find someone had managed to order it separately on this forum rather than them knowing about it and contacting me. They knew I wanted it. When did you add yours? At the time of order or later on?

Was you told in November it was going to be April?

I've gone for Auto, Mineral Silver, Oyster Leather, std wheels, x-line, heated elec. sports seats, DAB, elec mirrors, extended storage, bluetooth. Didn't go for any media/nav as my iPhone does it all so 2.5k seemed daft!

Didn't want the sports pack that had the s/w in it as I want to move away from Sports Suspension. Not sure my back/teeth can take any more after 5 years in 2 x 1 Series.
Nice spec, I have ordered Oyster also (not many of us with good taste ) did you go for wood trim?

Added the sports wheel mid jan by telephone and waited whilst dealer changed the order (as said above he did have to circumvent the system as the computer system did not easily allow the add on)
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #35
Redbhuna
Private
 
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Nice spec, I have ordered Oyster also (not many of us with good taste ) did you go for wood trim?

Added the sports wheel mid jan by telephone and waited whilst dealer changed the order (as said above he did have to circumvent the system as the computer system did not easily allow the add on)
No I didn't go for the wood just the standard satin silver.

I'm off to the dealer this afternoon for a showdown, wish me luck!
Redbhuna is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #36
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
I'm off to the dealer this afternoon for a showdown, wish me luck!
Make sure it's busy, raise your voice and don't leave there without a sports steering wheel! Good luck!
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #37
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
No I didn't go for the wood just the standard satin silver.

I'm off to the dealer this afternoon for a showdown, wish me luck!
How did you get on?
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #38
Redbhuna
Private
 
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Nothing doing, cars in production now and can't be changed. They aren't prepared to help out with the cost if I decide to have it dealer fit (1100!). All down to the price I'm paying and current demand. I guess their happy to watch me walk away.

Anyone want an X3 in May?
Redbhuna is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #39
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Sorry to hear that mate. You must be fuming. In normal circumstances you could cancel but if you still want an X3 that would mean waiting another 7 months. If it is "in production" now as they say, that suggests the maximum time to delivery should be start of April (based on my order experience)
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #40
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Nothing doing, cars in production now and can't be changed. They aren't prepared to help out with the cost if I decide to have it dealer fit (1100!). All down to the price I'm paying and current demand. I guess their happy to watch me walk away.

Anyone want an X3 in May?
Its not worth 1100 in a million years, once you take delivery you will forget about it
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #41
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Pics of 20d Exhaust Trim (DIY push fit)

Finish is a highly polished (mirrored) chrome

Name:  DSCF2924.JPG
Views: 4084
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  DSCF2932.JPG
Views: 4042
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  DSCF2926.JPG
Views: 4019
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  DSCF2931.JPG
Views: 4039
Size:  40.4 KB
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #42
sfax
Brigadier General
 
sfax's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 3,853
iTrader: (0)

Cheers! Can't believe you have some of your new X3 before me
__________________

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
sfax is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2011, 04:56 AM   #43
mcmasman
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 BMW X3 2.0D msport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Norway

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Pics of 20d Exhaust Trim (DIY push fit)

Finish is a highly polished (mirrored) chrome
Hi Bimmer UK 76, do you have the part number for this part?

Thanks in advance.
mcmasman is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #44
BIMMER UK 76
Major
 
BIMMER UK 76's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Here you go mate

20D chrome exhaust trim part number is B18.30.8.511.364
__________________

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
BIMMER UK 76 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST