BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

anyone black it out completely yet...?

has anyone bought custom painted parts from ind distribution (emblems, grills, kidneys, reflectors) or has anyone had these items taken to a shop and had them painted? I will not do any of these myself...no cheap stuff like plasti dip or wrapping in vinyl myself...I've already done that in my past and it never looks half as good as a pros work

interested in pics, prices, and other companies that have been used. I'm looking at purchasing a full set of all black trim pieces and emblems...

I know there are owners out there...speak up! otherwise I'm just going ind distribution...only thing is they don't have the boomerangs on the front
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471248
      04-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
KAP8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post
has anyone bought custom painted parts from ind distribution (emblems, grills, kidneys, reflectors) or has anyone had these items taken to a shop and had them painted? I will not do any of these myself...no cheap stuff like plasti dip or wrapping in vinyl myself...I've already done that in my past and it never looks half as good as a pros work

interested in pics, prices, and other companies that have been used. I'm looking at purchasing a full set of all black trim pieces and emblems...

I know there are owners out there...speak up! otherwise I'm just going ind distribution...only thing is they don't have the boomerangs on the front
I'll be getting Black Kidneys, but I'm waiting to see if BMW's M Performance Black Kidney's will cost less than IND's. The front Boomerangs are on back order.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
yea, I saw that, if you notice I already commented on his thread a while ago lol. was fishing for others to chime in...but thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #5
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP8 View Post
I'll be getting Black Kidneys, but I'm waiting to see if BMW's M Performance Black Kidney's will cost less than IND's. The front Boomerangs are on back order.
if you get kidneys you need grill and booms for sure...and badges unless youre taking them off. can't have them mismatch!

I'm waiting to see if IND has the full package in a few weeks....

ps I don't see IND keeping their prices higher than bmws if oem is less...no brainer to go oem
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 10:20 PM   #6
HornMfan
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Black Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP8 View Post
Are you saying the boomerangs are on backorder at BMW? I got all of the trim and emblems and roundels done with IND, they all look amazing. The install tech even complimented how great they were done and that all the parts matched up etc since they use BMW parts. Unfortunately still awaiting the boomerangs so it'll be complete, but it looks great so far. Now I have to figure out what black wheels will fit with the bolt pattern etc. Any thoughts on wheels??
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2018, 10:23 PM   #7
HornMfan
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

black out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post

I paid $300 for about 4 hours of labor for them to install all of it. Only the front reflectors were a huge pain...they had to remove the trim around the front wheel wells to take them off and put the white pieces in appropriately.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #8
KAP8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornMfan View Post
Are you saying the boomerangs are on backorder at BMW? I got all of the trim and emblems and roundels done with IND, they all look amazing. The install tech even complimented how great they were done and that all the parts matched up etc since they use BMW parts. Unfortunately still awaiting the boomerangs so it'll be complete, but it looks great so far. Now I have to figure out what black wheels will fit with the bolt pattern etc. Any thoughts on wheels??
IND said that the front boomerangs are on backorder from BMW. I would get Black Wheels for sure. I have them on my Alpine White 435i and would have ordered them for the Alpine White M40i if they had been on the menu.
Appreciate 1