BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #3059
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillahDeck View Post
Hi Shawn,

thanks for PM and answers. I would've been very happy man if I had HU_NBT in my SVT list that's not the case though and I only have a lot of errors showing up when I try to download CAFD from CIC_HU (I assume it's because CIC is not there).

So if I understood correctly I just make the change to Zeitkriterium in FA Editor - save the file -> open it in "Coding" tab (after connecting to the car as well) -> use that file to code separate modules that have changed? but I do not write the FA with new ZeitKriterium to the car?

Is it because it'll change all feature in the car with the newer CAFD options and they might not work?

In ISTA/D Kombi shows up as red together with AMP and few other things because I disconnected MOST from ZGW - any idea how to correct Modules Tree?

Thanks!
Your understanding of Zeitkriterium is correct.

Again, NBT in Pre LCI F1x is very difficult. Until you can see NBT in SVT from Read (ECU), not Read SVT, you are dead in the water. Why NBT is not showing, I can't say, although it is probably because ZGW is wrong.

In LCI cars, NBT is MOST Gateway, not ZGW, so until NBT is working, AMP, Kombi, and any other ECU on MOST Bus will not work.

You need ZGW-02 8SK, and regardless of firmware level, if car is manufactured before 09/2011 you also need new CAS, ICM and SZL. Pre 09/2011 car has CAS3 and ZGW-02 8SK requires CAS4. If CAS is not correct, you cannot start engine with ZGW-02 8SK as you will get message "PRESS BRAKE PEDAL" and if you press pedal, it is not registered by CAS3. Pre LCI F1x has ICM_QL, but ICM is needed for LCI. The ICM needs replacement to get Gyro sensor and because there is no place to connect the center console buttons for PDC/SVC/HDC to new NBT ZBE Controller, so they need to connect to KCAN2 on ICM instead. And SZL must be changed when you replace ICM as pre-LCI SZL is Flexray, while LCI one is PT-CAN.

Custom Retrofit makes a Retrofit Adapter specifically for NBT in Pre LCI F1x Car, that allows use of all original hardware and overcomes many of the difficulties involved:

www. bmw custom retrofit .com/navigation-retrofits/bmw-nbt-f-series-retrofit-adapter-no-zgw-change-bmw-fxx-retrofit-adapter (REMOVE SPACES)

It's expensive for sure, but considering you do not have to replace ZGW, ICM, CAS, and SZL, not to mention the labor savings, its a bargain. If you go that route, this month they have a 50 euro coupon code "Fxx50" at checkout.

I think too that the Adapter allows continued use of the car's existing Scan diversity aerial instead of having to replace it with a Phase diversity aerial used by NBT, else FM Reception is very poor, and it also includes SLI Emualtor, so if car has no KAFAS Camera, you cant get Speed Limit Info from Navigation map data.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 08:33 PM   #3060
rovert94
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xDrive, Saab 9-5 Aero

Hi Shawn, can you send me the info too? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 10:34 PM   #3061
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert94 View Post
Hi Shawn, can you send me the info too? Thanks!
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #3062
rovert94
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xDrive, Saab 9-5 Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 11:52 PM   #3063
KillahDeck
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw F10

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Shawn,

thanks for PM and answers. I would've been very happy man if I had HU_NBT in my SVT list that's not the case though and I only have a lot of errors showing up when I try to download CAFD from CIC_HU (I assume it's because CIC is not there).

So if I understood correctly I just make the change to Zeitkriterium in FA Editor - save the file -> open it in "Coding" tab (after connecting to the car as well) -> use that file to code separate modules that have changed? but I do not write the FA with new ZeitKriterium to the car?

Is it because it'll change all feature in the car with the newer CAFD options and they might not work?

In ISTA/D Kombi shows up as red together with AMP and few other things because I disconnected MOST from ZGW - any idea how to correct Modules Tree?

Thanks!

Again, NBT in Pre LCI F1x is very difficult. Until you can see NBT in SVT from Read (ECU), not Read SVT, you are dead in the water. Why NBT is not showing, I can't say, although it is probably because ZGW is wrong.

In LCI cars, NBT is MOST Gateway, not ZGW, so until NBT is working, AMP, Kombi, and any other ECU on MOST Bus will not work.

You need ZGW-02 8SK, and regardless of firmware level, if car is manufactured before 09/2011 you also need new CAS, ICM and SZL. Pre 09/2011 car has CAS3 and ZGW-02 8SK requires CAS4. If CAS is not correct, you cannot start engine with ZGW-02 8SK as you will get message "PRESS BRAKE PEDAL" and if you press pedal, it is not registered by CAS3. Pre LCI F1x has ICM_QL, but ICM is needed for LCI. The ICM needs replacement to get Gyro sensor and because there is no place to connect the center console buttons for PDC/SVC/HDC to new NBT ZBE Controller, so they need to connect to KCAN2 on ICM instead. And SZL must be changed when you replace ICM as pre-LCI SZL is Flexray, while LCI one is PT-CAN.

Custom Retrofit makes a Retrofit Adapter specifically for NBT in Pre LCI F1x Car, that allows use of all original hardware and overcomes many of the difficulties involved:

www. bmw custom retrofit .com/navigation-retrofits/bmw-nbt-f-series-retrofit-adapter-no-zgw-change-bmw-fxx-retrofit-adapter (REMOVE SPACES)

It's expensive for sure, but considering you do not have to replace ZGW, ICM, CAS, and SZL, not to mention the labor savings, its a bargain. If you go that route, this month they have a 50 euro coupon code "Fxx50" at checkout.

I think too that the Adapter allows continued use of the car's existing Scan diversity aerial instead of having to replace it with a Phase diversity aerial used by NBT, else FM Reception is very poor, and it also includes SLI Emualtor, so if car has no KAFAS Camera, you cant get Speed Limit Info from Navigation map data.
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Shawn,

Thanks!

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for very extensive explanation. It fells like it went a little bit over my head...I've seen f12 with ZGW-02 High from similar build year overcoming all the additional modules by flashing ZGW to zgw-02 8SK...
Unfortunately, i have tried flashing my zgw with Enet yesterday (before reading your post) and i think something went wrong as i have 265 errors in ista, transport mode etc...flashing zgw failed after 1.5min and now everyone in ista i get "gateway error".

I successfully flashed CAS though...but it didn't fix the situation...

Any ideas how to go back or move forward? any help appropriated!

Best,
Marek
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 10:06 AM   #3064
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for very extensive explanation. It fells like it went a little bit over my head...I've seen f12 with ZGW-02 High from similar build year overcoming all the additional modules by flashing ZGW to zgw-02 8SK...
Unfortunately, i have tried flashing my zgw with Enet yesterday (before reading your post) and i think something went wrong as i have 265 errors in ista, transport mode etc...flashing zgw failed after 1.5min and now everyone in ista i get "gateway error".

I successfully flashed CAS though...but it didn't fix the situation...

Any ideas how to go back or move forward? any help appropriated!

Best,
Marek
No specifically. You will need to flash ZGW back to stock, and initialize Flexray after.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #3065
Supperdutts
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10 m5, e60 m5

Hello im new to this website haha shawnsheridan can you please PM me with the latest esys software. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 12:32 PM   #3066
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperdutts View Post
Hello im new to this website haha shawnsheridan can you please PM me with the latest esys software. Thanks
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 09:05 AM   #3067
Vukodlak
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f20 114d 2014

Greetings, I am new to this forum. Congratulations to your community. Can you please PM me the links for installing esys in order to code my bmw f20 114d '14?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 09:37 AM   #3068
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukodlak View Post
Greetings, I am new to this forum. Congratulations to your community. Can you please PM me the links for installing esys in order to code my bmw f20 114d '14?

Thank you
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 11:55 AM   #3069
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 x3

Hi Shawn,

Looking to make my trunk close via remote. 2014 x3. Could you send me the info?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 01:33 PM   #3070
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoudaniell View Post
Hi Shawn,

Thanks
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 02:48 PM   #3071
drubular
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hey Shawn,

Can you send me the links for using ESYS? Specifically, I need to code a 2011 F25 X3.

Thank!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #3072
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drubular View Post
Hey Shawn,

Can you send me the links for using ESYS? Specifically, I need to code a 2011 F25 X3.

Thank!
PM sent.

Appreciate 1
      04-25-2021, 08:46 PM   #3073
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi Shawn,

Thanks
Hey Shawn,

Trying to code my trunk. When I try to edit FDL for HKFM, this is the error message that I'm getting. Any suggestions?

"The Chosen EST"C:\PROGRA~3\Tokenm~1\FREETO~1.EST" is no existing file [C156]
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 08:54 PM   #3074
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Shawn,

Trying to code my trunk. When I try to edit FDL for HKFM, this is the error message that I'm getting. Any suggestions?

"The Chosen EST"C:\PROGRA~3\Tokenm~1\FREETO~1.EST" is no existing file [C156]
Are you using this?

From TokenMaster's Blog:
UPDATE: 06/20/2020 - Uninstall the old version, download and reinstall the new, repackaged version and the updated BFU_XODE.EST
Posted by TokenMaster at 6:16 PM

Links are there:

http://tokenmaster.blogspot.com/2019...r-pro-282.html

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 09:50 PM   #3075
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Are you using this?

From TokenMaster's Blog:
UPDATE: 06/20/2020 - Uninstall the old version, download and reinstall the new, repackaged version and the updated BFU_XODE.EST
Posted by TokenMaster at 6:16 PM

Links are there:

http://tokenmaster.blogspot.com/2019...r-pro-282.html
Just updated and used that and it seems to have gotten me further. However, now when I try to edit, it asks for a pin. I used the same pin that's in the post, which is the same one as what is used when setting the software up. However, I'm hit with an error saying that I have the wrong pin.

Should I be using something else?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 10:13 PM   #3076
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just updated and used that and it seems to have gotten me further. However, now when I try to edit, it asks for a pin. I used the same pin that's in the post, which is the same one as what is used when setting the software up. However, I'm hit with an error saying that I have the wrong pin.

Should I be using something else?
Per the included instructions:

7) Enter PIN: 12345678

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 10:15 PM   #3077
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Per the included instructions:

7) Enter PIN: 12345678
yeah, I tried that. No luck, unfortunately. Sounds like I may need to update my windows to one of the latest versions of 1903 for it to work.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 10:16 PM   #3078
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah, I tried that. No luck, unfortunately. Sounds like I may need to update my windows to one of the latest versions of 1903 for it to work.
Windows version has nothing to do with PIN error. If you have E-Sys set to use the included BFU_XODE.EST, not your old .est, then all should work.

You need to follow the 11 Steps in the Instructions.txt exactly as written.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 12:20 AM   #3079
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Windows version has nothing to do with PIN error. If you have E-Sys set to use the included BFU_XODE.EST, not your old .est, then all should work.

You need to follow the 11 Steps in the Instructions.txt exactly as written.
I ended up reinstalling my old E-sys from 2017 and it worked! Thanks so much for your help. When you helped me out 4 years ago, I actually finished 99% of all of the coding that I wanted to do. The one thing that I wasn't successful with was getting the trunk to close via fob. I coded it tonight and turned SCH_FBD, SCH_TOEHKI and TASTER_FBD to active. I've heard that it may take a few hours for it to work, so I will check it again tomorrow morning to see if it succesfully coded!

Last edited by zhoudaniell; 04-26-2021 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #3080
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I ended up reinstalling my old E-sys from 2017 and it worked! Thanks so much for your help. When you helped me out 4 years ago, I actually finished 99% of all of the coding that I wanted to do. The one thing that I wasn't successful with was getting the trunk to close via fob. I coded it tonight and turned SCH_FBD, SCH_TOEHKI and TASTER_FBD to active. I've heard that it may take a few hours for it to work, so I will check it again tomorrow morning to see if it succesfully coded!

Appreciate 0