BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Sushiland
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0i

Post Hello All - 2004 X3 3.0 CPO experience - would like to share with everyone

Hello Fellow BMW Enthusiasts,
This is my first post here. I would like to outline my experience with the BMW CPO process and what I have felt.
I bought my 2004 X3 3.0 from BMW Fremont, CA in 2007 with 46xxx miles. Now it is close to 70xxx and the engine has died on me. The retail cost to repair - $14000. The sad part is before the engine died none of the dials on the dash came up and it had just come back from service at dealership a week before. So I wasn't warned about it. So based on my experience if you are looking at CPO please tread very carefully. After I bought my CPO, the A/C was not working, Lumbar support was broken and the sliding sun-roof did not work. Since it was all under warranty I was able to fix it but now I am left with a $14000 bill that I don't know how to cover.
Now to my experience with BMW customer relations:
Since I am out of warranty, I called the customer relations and pleaded to take a look at my car and help out a bit. My request to BMW of North America is how can a BMW Engine die within 100000 miles. I have done everything BMW asks. I got the vehicle CPO, ALL services were done at BMW Fremont dealership. I even got the extended warranty. After two weeks of deliberation all they (BMW USA) came back to me with was they deny my request as it is out of warranty. I know I am out of warranty but it is not daily that you hear a BMW Engine die at 70000 miles. I talked to four customer relations manager. They are not willing to tell me what they found out after all the diagnostics that BMW did. They have been inside my car and looked at error codes but are not disclosing to me what they found. They are not willing to give me a written statement. I asked if they are recording the call, they say it is done at random. They do not give me permission to record the conversation with the representative. I am stuck. I can't reach any of their upper management to plead my case. I am thinking of going to the media or small claims court.
Has anyone had a similar experience with BMW? How have you resolved it?
I am sorry for the extremely long email but I need help on how to proceed further. If there is any attorney anyone knows of please reply to this post and I will talk with them.
I have even offered BMW that if they can share the cost with me. No. On top of all this, dealership says BMW USA has all the information, talk to them. So when I call BMW USA, they tell me that go talk to your dealership or take your car to another dealership for a second opinion. My question to BMW USA, the car does not even start. It is right now just a piece of metal that I paid 30xxx to buy CPO.
Now I am finally here, seeking help from fellow BMW Gurus. If anyone can guide me to the appropriate channel, I will appreciate it a lot.
Thanks for reading.
Sushil
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
nonagon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne GTS

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You posted this in the F25 (second generation X3) section; please check the first generation X3 for better results.

Moderator, please consider moving this to the other section.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
Sushiland
Rep

Oops... sorry about the confusion. I thought I was posting in the X3 first generation forum. Thanks for the pointer. I will see if I can move the thread there or repost it again. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Sushiland
Rep

I have posted the same in the right forum now. Moderator please delete this thread. Again sorry for the confusion.
Appreciate 0