BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #23
scs-X3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30dMSport View Post
Back to the original question, the brightness of the lcd display is adjusted with the dial next to the light switch. However, it is part of the dash (and ancillary buttons) brightness control so if you want to reduce the lcd display you have to turn down the brightness of the dash and all the buttons on the console.
I also noticed the other day that the dial also controls the brightness of the HUD, which can also be set via iDrive. At full brightness I get the exact same effect where background of the LCD display is visible and it no longer fades into the dash. It does not really bother me, but I don't drive in the dark that much.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
RichardBR
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 30D Msport DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolien View Post
Wow. good deal. How did you manage that? Do you have some special company deal, customer loyalty rebate. Please tell
Comparing your off-figure to mine on equal terms I got 7% (ex. "engangsavgift")
It was easy. I got 5% off from the local dealer and in addition I got 5% more as a member of Bondelaget. I heard from a colleague about it. I checked it out and are now paying 300 NOK a year to save thousands. And I don't have a farm or anything

They have sweet deals on everything. You won't believe it. Saving a lot of money.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #25
kolien
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30dMSport
Back to the original question, the brightness of the lcd display is adjusted with the dial next to the light switch. However, it is part of the dash (and ancillary buttons) brightness control so if you want to reduce the lcd display you have to turn down the brightness of the dash and all the buttons on the console.
Yes, I tried that but I have to turn it way down for the background info display to be dark enough. Result is every button light and displayed info being very dark also.

So I guess I'm not having an issue with the info display then.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #26
kolien
Private
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBR
Quote:
Wow. good deal. How did you manage that? Do you have some special company deal, customer loyalty rebate. Please tell
Comparing your off-figure to mine on equal terms I got 7% (ex. "engangsavgift")
It was easy. I got 5% off from the local dealer and in addition I got 5% more as a member of Bondelaget. I heard from a colleague about it. I checked it out and are now paying 300 NOK a year to save thousands. And I don't have a farm or anything

They have sweet deals on everything. You won't believe it. Saving a lot of money.
Wow. The farmers interest organization (Bondelaget) has some strong deals going on. I didn't know that. Thank you for sharing that info.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #27
laroer
Laroer
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 M Sport

Quote:
Wow. The farmers interest organization (Bondelaget) has some strong deals going on. I didn't know that. Thank you for sharing that info.
I work in a finance company in the "Sparbank 1 Group" and also get some extra % payoff by their "company deal"

Save about NOK 50` frome a original price about NOK 700` for a 2.0d.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #28
kolien
Private
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by laroer View Post
I work in a finance company in the "Sparbank 1 Group" and also get some extra % payoff by their "company deal"

Save about NOK 50` frome a original price about NOK 700` for a 2.0d.
Hello laroer!

I got the big customer deal ("storkunde-bruker") since I have been a good customer over a long time. I don't work in a big company so that is not in my scope of "perks".

How is your Info Display? Is the LCD background grey when it is dark outside?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #29
laroer
Laroer
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Hello laroer!

I got the big customer deal ("storkunde-bruker") since I have been a good customer over a long time. I don't work in a big company so that is not in my scope of "perks".

How is your Info Display? Is the LCD background grey when it is dark outside?
Im still waiting for the car, but yesterday I be told that the car has arrived Bremerhaven. Maybe I get it in the middle of february. "Only 13 months delivery time"!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #30
RichardBR
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 30D Msport DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by laroer View Post
Im still waiting for the car, but yesterday I be told that the car has arrived Bremerhaven. Maybe I get it in the middle of february. "Only 13 months delivery time"!
What's the spec?

Good to see yet another Norwegian with Msport
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #31
laroer
Laroer
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBR View Post
What's the spec?

Good to see yet another Norwegian with Msport
I dont have take a copy of teh spec. but a short resume is:
M-Sport package
Titan silver
Shadow line
Park distance control
Xenon
Automatic gear
Navigation Professional
Trailer coupling
Black Nevada leather

I will use the 18` M-Sport rims to the winter tyres and bought 4 19`M-Sport in this forum from "renderfarmer". They are shipping from US today and I will pick them up in Halden in about two weeks.
Appreciate 0