BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #45
ho11ywood45
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 -- Alpine White

it just means people will buy what they are told to buy. Everyone that goes and buys a brand new F25 is gonna want the next generation, M package, hybrid package, new model. Not saying their marketing is correct but they know how to appeal to the new buyers, first time owners, and long time veterans.

The same reason we all say ... sonuva... the min a new press release / concept comes out.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #46
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

So their marketing isn't correct but they know how to appeal to the new buyers, etc. Got it, thanks.

And, now, who was it who told me to buy my car? I seem to have forgotten that.
      11-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #47
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Clearly the same people who told you to buy the car you bought.

Nice color combo choice BTW///.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
So their marketing isn't correct but they know how to appeal to the new buyers, etc. Got it, thanks.

And, now, who was it who told me to buy my car? I seem to have forgotten that.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #48
DEVM
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3-35d 2012

Some news on the new X4

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/bmw-x...u-2282539.html
(in German).

Quick translation from the article:
SUVs were the day before yesterday. In the future, it says: all-wheel-drive, high seated, but please in sports package. BMW plays the leader - for example, the new X4. 2013 BMW goes with the new X4 at the start. The Board adopted the X3 as this derivative is produced in Spartanburg / USA. Unlike Audi (Q6), Mercedes (GLC, MLC) and Porsche (Cajun) BMW wants to place in this crowded segment no new five-door hatchback. Therefore, the X4 a three-door model, which look far more dynamic than the X3 and even sportier handling characteristics is promising. Even a 400-hp x4m is conceivable - in reply to GLC 25 AMG, Q6S and Cajun Turbo S. The X4 is a snapshot, with BMW wants the success of the tie X6, which is selling dazzling as always - all the questions of meaning defiance.

Interesting car. Maybe my next one :-)
Attached Images

11-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #49
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

I remain skeptical of the 3 door layout. It seems arbitrary to me. I am not saying it won't happen, but it seems like a 5 door - like the X6 - will have the bigger target market.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #50
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I remain skeptical of the 3 door layout. It seems arbitrary to me. I am not saying it won't happen, but it seems like a 5 door - like the X6 - will have the bigger target market.
I feel it's the other way around. Someone who wants 4/5 doors will get an X3 because they need a certain amount of utility - the X4 is bound to be less of a utility. A single person or couple with no (or grown up) kids I would have thought would be the market for the X4.
      11-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #51
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
I feel it's the other way around. Someone who wants 4/5 doors will get an X3 because they need a certain amount of utility - the X4 is bound to be less of a utility.
That's sound logic, but the market success of the X6 (though moreso in overseas markets than in the US I suppose) shows us that this is not necessarily the case.

Quote:
A single person or couple with no (or grown up) kids I would have thought would be the market for the X4.
Perhaps, but I don't know that they would dismiss an X4 just because it happens to have 5 doors. On the other hand, there are many people who simply won't buy a 3 door SUV because it won't meet there needs. It's true that those people could just buy an X3 instead, but these days people want the racy styling as well as some utility. Thus we have cars like the Audi A7, Mercedes CLS, and soon the 6 series Gran Coupe. The X6 is essentially that same philosophy applied to an SUV, and I don't know why you wouldn't want to have the same formula available in a smaller package too.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #52
bbg2d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i Sport Line

Do want. New render looks sexy.

This would replace my e92 in a heartbeat, just because it would be the perfect year-round sporty car for those of us in the great white north.
Appreciate 0