BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
FREE BIMMER
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW X3 M Sport

Car pulling left and right!

Not sure if this is a problem or not, but every once in a while the x3 will pull to the right then 15 sec. later it will pull to the left. Doesn't happen all the time, but every so often its like i'm wrastling with the wheel. This is my first awd vehicle, so does that have anything to do with it? It is not during acceleration or decceleration. It happens during normal cruising. Anyone hear of this or is this normal???
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
x3oiler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE BIMMER View Post
Not sure if this is a problem or not, but every once in a while the x3 will pull to the right then 15 sec. later it will pull to the left. Doesn't happen all the time, but every so often its like i'm wrastling with the wheel. This is my first awd vehicle, so does that have anything to do with it? It is not during acceleration or decceleration. It happens during normal cruising. Anyone hear of this or is this normal???
You need to get the car looked at. A consistent pull to the left or right only I can understand (can be alignment or tyres or both) but what you are experiencing is strange. Almost like the caster is out meaning it will not self center the wheel so hunts left to right but "pulling" is ominous. If caster would be drifting.
      12-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
FREE BIMMER
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW X3 M Sport

Thanks. I'll have to take it in for sure. I still am under the 50k, so it should be free. I just want to hear what everyone has to say before the dealership dicks me around for a month...
Appreciate 0