BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Buggy iDrive and useless Siri Eyes Free

Hey guys,

I'm curious if any other owners are noticing the following issues-

(1) Song/Title/Album are not updating on iDrive screen. This happens when I use Podcast app (iPhone), iTunes radio, Pandora (only via BT, not the case w/ ConnectedDrive).

(2) Scroll wheel on steering wheel does not consistently allow me to change tracks. Either that, or there is a considerable lag. I end up using the button on the stereo itself.

(3) Nav screen reboots while driving. Not sure if it is related to my BT streaming or what. I've done a search on this, and see that other people have similar issues. In those cases, the entire unit had to be replaced. This is something I am hoping to avoid. Nav reboot only happened once for me. I'll keep an eye out on that.

(4) Siri's ability to do things is limited when you activate it on the steering wheel (Siri Eyes Free). I cannot open apps or check my last received text msg using Siri Eyes Free. If I were to activate Siri via the home button on the phone, I have no issues with those tasks. I haven't tried other features like sending txt or making calls. Anyone have any luck trying the scope of its functionality?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Doesn't sound right take it in hopefully a software update can fix
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
kevink1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive28d

Some functions have degraded since I upgraded to the 6 from the 5. It may be due to the OS upgrade. Namely, using the steering wheel button, I can't do navigation anymore. It just shows on the phone, but not on the navi screen. Also, received text messages don't show up in the Office app anymore.
Appreciate 0