BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
ho11ywood45
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 -- Alpine White

Got my $500 Accessory Incentive Certificate!

WOOT! Attended the X3 Difference Event at the local dealer prior to making our purchase. I'll take $500!

Now the fun comes. Need to figure out what to get!

What have you guys found to be the best accessories?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11ywood45 View Post
WOOT! Attended the X3 Difference Event at the local dealer prior to making our purchase. I'll take $500!

Mud guards are one thing I'm planning to add to mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
maestroX2
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

I bought Wheel Locks, All Weather Floor Mat, Cargo Mat, Chrome Tips, Front shade. Dealer throw in cap & keychain for free.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Cactus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.8i

Does anyone know if you can get Sat. Radio with the $500 Accessory Certificate? I went through the event yesterday and will take delivery of my X3 hopefully in May.

I just checked BMW website and production on my X3 started today!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
ho11ywood45
Rep

My top three right now are: floor mats / cargo pad (for dogs) / base system.

Does anyone have the luggage pad + folding box? I'd rather have a rubber pad in the back then a 290$ plastic casing.

I have a hookup in the parts dept at the dealer, hopefully he can get me accessories at cost!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:

Congrats on the gift.

When did u attend the event?
When did u took delivery?
When did u get the gift check?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

Get those all weather floor mats--good buy
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #8
ho11ywood45
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymk5 View Post
Congrats on the gift.

When did u attend the event?
When did u took delivery?
When did u get the gift check?
We went into the dealer Sat AM (3/12) and ordered the car. They said to come back sun (3/13) for their event. We showed up at like 9am told them we bought the car the day before. Everytone was super nice, signed one sheet of paper and 5 days later got an email with the certificate. Now just need to wait for the car to get here! Dealer said 4 weeks but who knows

Excited regardless.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
jaymk5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We went into the dealer Sat AM (3/12) and ordered the car. They said to come back sun (3/13) for their event. We showed up at like 9am told them we bought the car the day before. Everytone was super nice, signed one sheet of paper and 5 days later got an email with the certificate. Now just need to wait for the car to get here! Dealer said 4 weeks but who knows

Excited regardless.
5 days is really cool and fast. I am thinking you just finalized the deal and payed some deposit amount on saturday, because I read from other thread on this topic and from what it looks like according to bmw na, purchase is complete only when you sign the papers and take delivery, when you get a chance pls confirm the saturday part alone.

I am asking this because, I actually placed the order on 2/21 for 12th week production and waiting for my car to get delivered, my car went in to production on 3/16 at 11.49am and according to 800 number, it will complete production on 3/25 so depending on the inputs I got from our friends here, I might get my car anywhere between 4/1 and 4/10. My event is scheduled on 4/12, so I am thinking if i get it delivered to my dealer near the 4/1 mark then I will take the delivery immediately, if it comes to my dealer near the 4/10 mark, then I will wait to complete my event and then take the delivery after 4/12. So trying to understand things little better on how this works. Your time spent on responding is very much appreciated. Thanks. Jay.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #10
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

@ Ho11ywood45-

How was your SD shopping experience. Did you shop different dealers in the San Diego area? I attended the "Driving Experience" at Escondido dealer last week and received gift certificate this week. SA told me they were doing a flat $1500 over invoice. Who knows what they add on the invoice; MACO, water bill, etc. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
maestroX2
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
@ Ho11ywood45-

How was your SD shopping experience. Did you shop different dealers in the San Diego area? I attended the "Driving Experience" at Escondido dealer last week and received gift certificate this week. SA told me they were doing a flat $1500 over invoice. Who knows what they add on the invoice; MACO, water bill, etc. Thanks

We bought from Escondido. I don't see MACO fee in my invoice. Dealer processing fee is reasonable at $55. They also have DMV electronic fee at $28. Not so big of deal. I even got $8 check from them for DMV refund yesterday. We drove all the way from Inland Empire. Pricing is slowly to increase due to demand starts to pick up.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
ho11ywood45
Rep

Radio -

We originally went up to Escondido and ended up walking away. They wernt trying to make a deal with the one car on the lot. We talked them down to around invoice for a base 2.8 they had, but ultimately the numbers didnt work out.

Ended up going to Encinitas the next day and ordering one on the spot. They waved the deposit as well as fees since we purchased a car there in the past. I quickly realized that a family owned dealer (Escondido) doesn't really have any say when it comes to production slots. They were talking late May where an Autonation dealer had spots this week.

Jay -

Like I said above, we didnt put any deposit down on the car. The people at the dealer know who we are and know we bought a car. Looks like they were excited just to get our business and make a sale. From my understanding, it looks like I can take the certificate in this week and pick out accessories ... then again they might say we need a production number prior.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep

ho11ywood45 and maestroX2.....thanks

I live in Fallbrook, so with an .5 to 1.5 hr drive I have a lot of dealers to choose from. I have purchased four cars at Escondido and one at Encinitas. I've had good purchase experience but bad service experience at both dealers. I guess ultimately it will come down to price and order delivery time.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
wagsoja
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i

My X3 is being assembled currently and is supposed to be finished today. The BMW driving event is my area (Buffalo) is this Thursday. I emailed my CA, and she said that I can discuss my order with the BMW people at the event (don't have to lie and act like I haven't ordered one) and it will not affect my ability to get the $500 accessory gift card.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep

You should be good. The coupon states"....valid with the purchase or lease or a 2011 model year X3, from the day of event attendance through June 30, 2011" I could be wrong, but I think the "purchase" is made at the time of the delivery, not the "order" date. It seems to take a week to ten days for the email to hit after the event. If I'm correct and you want to play it safe, take delivery the day you receive the email or after. I never trust these sale people.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
jaymk5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
You should be good. The coupon states"....valid with the purchase or lease or a 2011 model year X3, from the day of event attendance through June 30, 2011" I could be wrong, but I think the "purchase" is made at the time of the delivery, not the "order" date. It seems to take a week to ten days for the email to hit after the event. If I'm correct and you want to play it safe, take delivery the day you receive the email or after. I never trust these sale people.
Thank you for the inputs.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
jaymk5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Jay -

Like I said above, we didnt put any deposit down on the car. The people at the dealer know who we are and know we bought a car. Looks like they were excited just to get our business and make a sale. From my understanding, it looks like I can take the certificate in this week and pick out accessories ... then again they might say we need a production number prior.
Thanks much for explaining the situation. I think I will hold off until I complete the event and then take the delivery, 1 week should not hurt just to avoid any risk of loosing the free 500$ gift (500 is not small money at all)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
kittyoh
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 28i

My CA (in Chicago area) said that as long as I attend the Drive Event BEFORE I take delivery of the vehicle, the $500 is mine. It will be close as my event is the 25th and my X3 is at the processing center! Can't wait
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #19
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

What is everyone getting with their $500 credit?

- I know I want the Mud Flaps, I think someone said I need two (front and back?). So do I order two of these: http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductLis...?CategoryId=13

- Getting both floor mats: http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductLis...?CategoryId=41

- iPod/iPhone Cables, will those be given to me or is that a separate purchase?

- Chrome Exhaust? Can't seem to find it on the site

- Also, the silver bmw side steps on the front of the door I had seen in the dealer today, I am not sure if the X3 has it or not but I can't seem to see that piece online.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #20
wagsoja
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
What is everyone getting with their $500 credit?

- I know I want the Mud Flaps, I think someone said I need two (front and back?). So do I order two of these: http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductLis...?CategoryId=13

- Getting both floor mats: http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductLis...?CategoryId=41

- iPod/iPhone Cables, will those be given to me or is that a separate purchase?

- Chrome Exhaust? Can't seem to find it on the site

- Also, the silver bmw side steps on the front of the door I had seen in the dealer today, I am not sure if the X3 has it or not but I can't seem to see that piece online.
Thinking about front and rear mudflaps and then a bunch of cleaning stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #21
ho11ywood45
Rep

BMW guy at the sales event said Wheel Wax was a must to keep the break dust we all know and love off of those wheels!

Roof Rack and Mats are the first purchase for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #22
halohead52
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 TS w/Mojave

Garage List
2011 F25 28i  [0.00]
2006 E46 330 CiC  [0.00]
I did the sales event the same day I picked up and paid for the X3. Didn't get the email afterwards like you're supposed to; but when I emailed the address on the paper they gave me, corporate sent an email with a voucher number. So I've been to the dealer and ordered stuff. The list they offer is pretty extensive, and I got more than $500 worth 'cause where do you draw the line? This, of course, is why they don't really care what the relationship is between when you participate in the event and when you buy the X3--$500 will just get you started but won't be enough to really outfit your pony. So, my list:

--2 Bike lifters + support system (it turns out the lifters are also the carrying rack, which isn't really clear in the accessories catalogue)
--All-weather rubber floor mats (for that special Florida rainy season)
--Heavy plastic luggage compartment tray (ditto)
--Sunshade (for that special Florida tropical brightness)
--That special BMW trash bag (because a used grocery bag doesn't really go with leather)

PS: Cactus: Sat radio retrofit is on the list of items you can choose: $450.00. Flash3: Chrome exhaust isn't on the list, but the iPod cable is although I got one with the vehicle. Don't see anything about a step piece.

Last edited by halohead52; 04-02-2011 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0