BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Snapin for Galaxy S3

Hi,

Just noticed on a german forum that that Snapin Adapter for the Samsung Galaxy S3 has been released. At least in Europe.
For those who might be interested.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
EvilGenius
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
Hi,

Just noticed on a german forum that that Snapin Adapter for the Samsung Galaxy S3 has been released. At least in Europe.
For those who might be interested.
Links? Part number? anything?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
djdewet
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 3.5i

Galaxy S4 SnapIn adapter also available

Galaxy S4 SnapIn adapter also available, mine is already on order from stealer.

Found the part number here: https://www.procarshop.de/index.php?...roduct_id=1341

Dealer confirmed that Part Number: 84 21 2 354 866 was indeed for Galaxy S4, so I placed the order.

You could probably find the part number for Galaxy S3 on the same site as well.

Now begins the wait though Hopefully BMW gets their parts logistics in order soon, stealer reckons avarage delivery time is currently 2 to 3 months

Hope this helps.
Mineral Silver F25 X3 3.5i AT, Oyster/Black/Wave wood trim interior, 307 style wheels, Prof Navi., Moon/Sun Roof, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Auto tailgate, X-Line, Perf. Control, Apps, BMW Live, Top View, Prof. HiFi, Sports Seats, Elec. Tow Hitch, High Beam assist
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
EvilGenius
Private First Class
Rep

Question: Has anyone actually gotten (in their hands) a Galaxy S4 snapin adapter? I took the part # to my parts guy and his computer wierded out. He called to germany and their computer wierded out. After research, they found that apparently the part isn't available yet. It's coming, thus the part #'s are real but there is no real part. Yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Can anyone tell me what features the snap in adaptor for the Galaxy S4 will give me rather than simply connecting via Bluetooth (other than the obvious one of charging) and is there a software upgrade to go with it ?

Thanks

MS
      09-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
EvilGenius
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
Can anyone tell me what features the snap in adaptor for the Galaxy S4 will give me rather than simply connecting via Bluetooth (other than the obvious one of charging) and is there a software upgrade to go with it ?

Thanks

MS
It gives you any functions that you would get by hooking it up by USB. This would be for media playback or BMW apps. Additionally, as you mentioned, it charges the phone, and uses some inductive-repeater function thingy (I've read, not seen) that allows the phone to use the vehicle external antenna.

For the snap-in adapter it doesn't need any software but like I said, it doesn't do anything additional that you would get by connecting via USB, and everything that currently goes over bluetooth stays over bluetooth. It's just a better way of stowing the phone.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
It gives you any functions that you would get by hooking it up by USB. This would be for media playback or BMW apps. Additionally, as you mentioned, it charges the phone, and uses some inductive-repeater function thingy (I've read, not seen) that allows the phone to use the vehicle external antenna.

For the snap-in adapter it doesn't need any software but like I said, it doesn't do anything additional that you would get by connecting via USB, and everything that currently goes over bluetooth stays over bluetooth. It's just a better way of stowing the phone.
Thanks for the info ..... reason I asked is because I remember from my F11 that the snap in adaptor for my iPhone gave additional features over and above a Bluetooth/USB connection, with the correct adaptor I could play back movies which couldn't be done via USB.

MS
      09-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
EvilGenius
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
Thanks for the info ..... reason I asked is because I remember from my F11 that the snap in adaptor for my iPhone gave additional features over and above a Bluetooth/USB connection, with the correct adaptor I could play back movies which couldn't be done via USB.

MS
True, but remember that we are talking about an android phone. Apple and BMW did something unique make it work.
Appreciate 0