BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #67
Marmik
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 35i titanium & black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
Hey Sabian! Mine said it was to be completed Sunday, May 8th. I called today and checked online and nothing has been updated. It's still "your vehicle is being assembled and is scheduled to finish production on May 8th". I called my CA today to see what the status code is but the system was down. He is going to check for me first thing Tuesday so hopefully I'll have some news! The dealer loaned me a 3 series to drive until the X3 gets here so I'm having fun tooling around in it for now! Feels weird to drive a car after not doing so for 10 years! Keep me posted on your status as well!
10 years car-less - why is that? I'll bet it feels a little strange to be back behind the wheel. Have you noticed how aggressive and distracted your fellow drivers are? I think it's worse than ten years ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #68
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

Quote:
Hey Sabian! Mine said it was to be completed Sunday, May 8th. I called today and checked online and nothing has been updated. It's still "your vehicle is being assembled and is scheduled to finish production on May 8th". I called my CA today to see what the status code is but the system was down. He is going to check for me first thing Tuesday so hopefully I'll have some news! The dealer loaned me a 3 series to drive until the X3 gets here so I'm having fun tooling around in it for now! Feels weird to drive a car after not doing so for 10 years! Keep me posted on your status as well!
Ah yeah... May 8th. Mother's Day, I bet they had the day off maybe? Although I'm not sure if the Spartanburg factory runs 7 days a week or not anyways but maybe that's why there might be a slight delay? Hope you hear good news soon, I'll keep you posted as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #69
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmik View Post
10 years car-less - why is that? I'll bet it feels a little strange to be back behind the wheel. Have you noticed how aggressive and distracted your fellow drivers are? I think it's worse than ten years ago.
Lol, I've haven't been 10 years without a vehicle, I've just driven Suv's or crossovers for the last 10 years so being low to the ground in a car just feels foreign!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #70
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Ah yeah... May 8th. Mother's Day, I bet they had the day off maybe? Although I'm not sure if the Spartanburg factory runs 7 days a week or not anyways but maybe that's why there might be a slight delay? Hope you hear good news soon, I'll keep you posted as well.
What's strange is all along the recording said it would finish production May
9th. Halfway through the week, the recording changed to say that production would be finished May 8th! I thought it was weird that production would finish on a Sunday? Fingers crossed that I'll have it by the end of this week or the beginning of next week!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #71
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Sabian, just got my production video this morning!!! Wahooooo!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #72
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow! Congrats! I guess you are on your way now!

Any idea how long it will take for you to get your new X3 after this point?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #73
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Dealer hopes to have it by the end of the week! It all depends on how many vehicles they have ready to fill up the carrier. They like it to be full before send them on their way.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #74
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Dealer hopes to have it by the end of the week! It all depends on how many vehicles they have ready to fill up the carrier. They like it to be full before send them on their way.
Mine was finished April 30th with a May 4th scheduled delivery. I'm still waiting for delivery .

The part that sucks is that the dealer and BMW can't tell me if it's on its way or collecting dust at BMW's parking lot. He says once it's released to the carrier they can't track it.
He says it could be today, it could be a month.....don't call me, I'll call you.

The wait and not knowing when is killing me!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #75
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
Mine was finished April 30th with a May 4th scheduled delivery. I'm still waiting for delivery .

The part that sucks is that the dealer and BMW can't tell me if it's on its way or collecting dust at BMW's parking lot. He says once it's released to the carrier they can't track it.
He says it could be today, it could be a month.....don't call me, I'll call you.

That would kill me too! My dealer is checking daily to see when it gets on the carrier and from there they said it usually is 2 or 3 days tops. I'll keep you posted on mine & please do the same on yours!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #76
Marisa330i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:

"He says it could be today, it could be a month.....don't call me, I'll call you."
That's terrible!!! They can't possibly not know where a car is.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #77
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa330i View Post
"He says it could be today, it could be a month.....don't call me, I'll call you."
That's terrible!!! They can't possibly not know where a car is.
Well he didn’t actually SAY “don’t call me, I’ll call you” but that was the gist of the conversation.

He said once it has been released for pickup by the carrier it is out of their system. He said the carrier can take days or weeks until they have a full truck going to my area and don’t inform them when it will show up. So he said it’s pointless to call him for an update and he’ll call me when it’s ready.

Have others been able to get BMW to track their cars once it has been released to the carrier?
In other words is he BS-ing me?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #78
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:

Pretty normal, in my experience. Once the carrier has it, they really don't know. My dealer says mine was a train to arrive on/about May 5, but not really sure. Once it's in Vanc, it has to be trucked up here. Once again, they really don't know. Cut your dealer some slack on this and relax.
      05-11-2011, 07:51 AM   #79
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Pretty normal, in my experience. Once the carrier has it, they really don't know. My dealer says mine was a train to arrive on/about May 5, but not really sure. Once it's in Vanc, it has to be trucked up here. Once again, they really don't know. Cut your dealer some slack on this and relax.
Thanks for confirming that the dealer is not giving me a line of BS.
They have been very good to this point, and when they told me they didn’t know when it would arrive and couldn’t track it I didn’t challenge them on it.
We're still good.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #80
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That would kill me too! My dealer is checking daily to see when it gets on the carrier and from there they said it usually is 2 or 3 days tops. I'll keep you posted on mine & please do the same on yours!
Well it arrived at the dealer today!
I caught him by surprise as I was driving past the dealership this morning and saw the carrier truck unloading it. It’s filthy from the trip, but still a beauty to my eyes. I’ll pick it up tomorrow afternoon once they get the prep work done.

Some Details….
28i
Jet Black (with a top layer of squashed bug juice)
Chestnut interior (not as red as in pictures, looks “classic”)
Premium and Tech package
Comfort access, heated seats and a few other options
Finished April 30, delivered May 11th.

As a bonus I found $0.37 in the seat cushions
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #81
doukeyi
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Quote:
Well it arrived at the dealer today!
I caught him by surprise as I was driving past the dealership this morning and saw the carrier truck unloading it. It’s filthy from the trip, but still a beauty to my eyes. I’ll pick it up tomorrow afternoon once they get the prep work done.

Some Details….
28i
Jet Black (with a top layer of squashed bug juice)
Chestnut interior (not as red as in pictures, looks “classic”)
Premium and Tech package
Comfort access, heated seats and a few other options
Finished April 30, delivered May 11th.

As a bonus I found $0.37 in the seat cushions
$0.37! Good catch~

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #82
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
As a bonus I found $0.37 in the seat cushions [/QUOTE]

Better that than something else!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #83
Marisa330i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do they email you the video or is it in your BMW Owner Circle account???
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #84
Marisa330i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well he didn’t actually SAY “don’t call me, I’ll call you” but that was the gist of the conversation.

He said once it has been released for pickup by the carrier it is out of their system. He said the carrier can take days or weeks until they have a full truck going to my area and don’t inform them when it will show up. So he said it’s pointless to call him for an update and he’ll call me when it’s ready.

Have others been able to get BMW to track their cars once it has been released to the carrier?
In other words is he BS-ing me?
My dealer called today to tell me it was due to ship Sat or Mon. and from there I should have it by next weekend. So I am not sure if he really knows that or he was just estimating. Not going to get too excited until they call me. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #85
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do they email you the video or is it in your BMW Owner Circle account???
Both
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #86
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My dealer called today to tell me it was due to ship Sat or Mon. and from there I should have it by next weekend. So I am not sure if he really knows that or he was just estimating. Not going to get too excited until they call me. lol
Dang, you two are getting your's early for sure! I might have to wait a month even though it's been finished since Tuesday... I guess I just live too far out in the sticks!

Congrats to you both, please share pics if you can.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #87
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Dang, you two are getting your's early for sure! I might have to wait a month even though it's been finished since Tuesday... I guess I just live too far out in the sticks!

Congrats to you both, please share pics if you can.
I talked to the dealer today and they said they are showing arrival to the dealer 5/14 or sooner! The 800# said it was released Wednesday to the carrier for transportation. What's your message saying Sabian?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #88
Marisa330i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Both
Thanks!!! I will keep an eye out for it!
Appreciate 0