BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
Alfa Dude
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i 2009 335i

Vibrations through steering wheel

I'm feeling slight vibrations through the steering but only when the car is cold and only on a particular street (the street I live on). The street has a lot of small cracks, nothing huge. I feel it more when going through a turn on our street. If the car has been driven lately I don't feel it. So something is warming up and expanding and taking away the vibrations? Bushings? Bearings?
It's really really minor, but I'm curious, especially since it goes away when the car has been driven.

Going in to the dealer for an oil change soon, but wanted to see if anybody else has some ideas of what it could be.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Cold temperatures could effect any rubber bushings. But, can't see where that would be a problem here in San Diego. Lately, it's been too HOT! to cause that type of problem. I'd check with the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
Alfa Dude
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i 2009 335i

Just got it back from the dealer and they couldn't reproduce the problem... like you said it's way too hot lately. They were more than willing to take a look at it again in the winter, recommending I drop it off the night before so it's cold. It's not that big of a deal, but if anything comes of it and a problem is found I'll post it up for reference.
Appreciate 0